Remote job description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There's no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work - whether it's from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop - while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We're looking for a strong leader to manage cross-functional partners. This role will serve as the regional site leader developing and supporting a variety of functions in a matrix environment. This is a senior role with a focus on people management and coordination across many teams and functions. The applicant should have extremely strong multi-tasking abilities while being able to understand the long-term vision and goals of the business. Those interested should be excited to lead, and able to coordinate the execution of a broad range of initiatives.
The role resides within Care and we are focused on supporting our broad ecosystem of customers, shoppers, retailers, advertising, and internal stakeholders through direct support and scalable solutions. We are a service-centric and analytics-driven team that thinks upstream to implement solutions that delight our community, improve performance, and scale through better automation, process and product experience.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Responsible for leading the strategy and execution of several critical Care support operations functions
- Lead, motivate, and develop a team of experts (team managers) across these functions to meet time-sensitive deadlines and deliver on operational KPIs
- Coordinate the various teams and their functions across the support site to maximize productivity and outcomes
- Identify operational risks and help improve or innovate new processes to keep teams as efficient as possible
- You'll be supporting many teams across the support site, and serving as the go to person for many key initiatives and updates
- Develop and execute operational plans that will enhance productivity and profitability through the delivery of excellent standards of customer satisfaction
- Develop lean operational processes to reduce cost, improve efficiency, quality, safety and demonstrable improvement in the customer experience
- Ensure compliance of all SOP's, documentation, reporting and quality standards programs
- Review sourcing and procurement activities and develop a clear action plan to improve gross margin
- Continue building, managing, mentoring, and providing career development programs to attract and retain professional talent required to achieve the organization's goals and objectives
- Motivate and engage workforce, identify and nurture top talent for the leaders of the future
- Ensure a culture that values and promotes compliance, customer satisfaction, safety, quality, teamwork and goal achievement
- Key Care business stakeholder, contributing to the effective operation of the Care business leadership team through proactive and respectful engagement and teamwork
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships with other functional leaders, including but not limited to Workforce, L&D, Quality, Customer Engagement, BI, Finance and Product Operations
- Site leadership, ensuring all facility components are maintained in partnership with Workplace
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree and/or 10+ years of professional experience in a high-volume and fast-paced service-industry, operation or customer support environment with proven success
- Demonstrated experience and success in managing complex, multi department operations leading managers
- Proven ability to manage effectively, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide through challenging situations
- Prior professional experience with optimization, processes, systematic organization, program/project management
- Demonstrated data/analytics experience; excel proficiency is preferred
- Strong attention to detail & project management skills
- Outstanding communication skills. Including public speaking and ability to present effectively in front of peers and senior leadership
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Juggling those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Thrive on change and operate flexibly. Willingness to work some weekends and occasional holidays to support a 24/7 operations environment
- Experience in service-industry, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume and extremely fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies is highly advantageous.
- SQL proficiency (or desire to learn)
- Decisive leader with a proven ability to operate in a global environment
- Management of annual multimillion dollar capital budgets
- Demonstrated autonomy: ability to self-start and drive whilst recognizing the appropriate time for stakeholder engagement
- Clear strategic thinker with proven critical relationship and development skills
- An inspirational team leader who leads by example that seeks team collaboration and cooperation, and achievement of financial, quality and service target levels
- Assertive and decisive, consistent and fair, demonstrating self-confidence and emotional strength. Highly motivated and energized by the current and future prospects for the grocery industry and able to motivate others to do the same.
- Confident and articulate speaker, able to present to board level audiences
- Results-oriented, ensuring targets are met on time and on budget
- Demonstrated good professional judgment and reliability
- High accuracy and detail-orientation
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel, use Google suite
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, the position may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Occasional travel, typically out of the area or overseas, may be required. Travel out of the area typically involves overnight stays.
The position is remote.
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
OR, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, RI, VT, DC, PA, VA, CO, TX, IL, HI
All other states
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Company name: Instacart
Remote job title: Director, Care
Job tags: Driving Results, project management, Stakeholder Engagement
location or timezone
yearly salary range$153,900 - 205,000
posted61 days ago