Remote job description
Shapeways' digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high-quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company's purpose-built software, a wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways' digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Headquartered in New York City, Shapeways has ISO 9001-compliant manufacturing facilities in Livonia, MI and the Netherlands and a network of verified partners around the globe. In September 2021, Shapeways became a publicly-traded company on the NYSE under the ticker SHPW.
Why is the Program Manager important to us?
Shapeways' growing customer base consists of both B2C and B2B customers, small-to-Medium (SMB), and Enterprise businesses. As a Program Manager, you will partner with sales and other cross-functional teams and be responsible for managing the new business proposal process for both prospective and existing clients.
We are seeking an experienced professional with deep sales process knowledge and a proven track record in helping organizations to accelerate the quote to close sales process. In this role, you will work with the new business team to understand customers requirements, establish the deal-win strategy, coordinate internal resources, manage the solution/proposal development lifecycle, gain internal approvals, and support the team in closing activities.
You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and be independently responsible for achieving business results while collaborating closely with key stakeholders to execute the day-to-day operation.
In this role, you will:
- Assist the sales team by owning the process of coordination and execution of sales quotes, proposals, and orders
- Coordinate the gathering of customer requirements and communicating the deliverables needed across cross-functional teams - sales, marketing, product, supply chain, and operations
- Drive the development of the solution and proposal to satisfy the client's business and technical requirements
- Serves as primary contact for the internal proposal process and assists the sales team external communication with customers as needed
- Process orders and load into Shapeways MES
- Manage and prioritize concurrently multiple quotes, proposals and orders within the process
- Ensure Salesforce hygiene and that all customer data is accurately represented in the system and can be leveraged to drive the sales process
- Assist sales leadership and operations in building an optimized process for all new business prospects and accounts
- Initiate and execute process improvements and streamline the workflow of proposal and orders
You might be a good fit if (you have/are):
- Passion for creating compelling sales proposals and finding innovative ways of winning new customers
- 3+ years experience in sales support or contract management
- Experience in the manufacturing space is a plus, particularly in 3D printing
- A proven history of enabling teams to overachieve sales revenue targets and KPIs
- Excellent organizational and process management skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and proven success collaborating with technical, sales, operations and marketing teams
- Experience with sales tools/software; Salesforce experience a must
- The ability to read and interpret technical drawings is a plus
- An entrepreneurial mentality - you own the process and drive revenue
- Ability to work independently with very little guidance and collaborate closely with
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- Ownership - Every Shapeways employee will be granted equity in the company
- 401(k) with Employer Match - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus additional days off when you're not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress.
- Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA's to a platform to promote financial wellbeing to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we've got you covered
- Learning & Development - Through continued education/mentorship on the job and our investment in LinkedIn Learning, we're focused on your growth as a working professional
- Credit and Discount - Each quarter, employees will earn a $100 credit in their Shapeways account - that's $400 a year! This balance may be used in conjunction with the 20% employee discount toward purchasing items from our marketplace
Company name: Shapeways
Remote job title: Program Manager
Job tags: marketplace, e-commerce, 3d, manufacturing, personalisation, retail
location or timezone
posted50 days ago