Manager, Engineering Support
Remote job description
Get to know us:
We're FieldRoutes, a leading cloud-based and mobile SaaS provider in the pest control and lawn care industry. Recently acquired by ServiceTitan, the world's leading provider of software for the trades, our platform automates all aspects of field service operations for enterprise and small businesses, enabling them to accelerate growth, streamline operations, increase customer retention, and maximize revenue.
When you join our team, you'll be joining one of the fastest growing companies in the US with an award-winning culture that's been celebrated by Inc. Magazine and Forbes. Trusted by over 1,700 field service companies across thousands of locations, our software helps clients manage upwards of a billion dollars in revenue. Our partnership with ServiceTitan will enable us to accelerate investment in our technology and people while maintaining our flexible startup culture.
Ready to make your career move?
What you'll do:
- Be in full control of all the support tickets coming from L2 and tickets being distributed to the engineers in the support team or multiple different teams in the organization.
- Analyze in details all the L3 tickets, categorizing, prioritizing and assigning them to the correct teams and engineers based on their experience and capabilities.
- Participate in pair-programming sessions with the support engineers, as well as coding when necessary.
- Be a technical reference to the software engineers in the support team, leading and coaching them on how to approach the day by day activities, as well as career/personal growth, anxieties, strengths and weaknesses.
- Manage day-by-day activities of the support engineers, helping them be successful everyday, as well as execute performance review sessions with the team members, guiding them every other week.
- Conceive, design and implement action plans to solve tickets seasonal peaks, high risk/impact tickets and other unexpected challenges.
- Be a master in communication to be able to collaborate with multiple teams, clients, managers, directors and other leaders objectively and clearly.
- Superb organization skill to be able to engage in multiple threads at the same time, not allowing anything to fall through the cracks.
- Distribute daily, weekly and monthly reports and KPIs
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years of experience managing small to medium software development teams
- 5+ years of experience on senior engineering roles (architect, tech lead, etc)
- 10+ years of exprience in SaaS products
- 5+ years of experience in SQL (modeling, writing complex queries, improving query performance, etc)
- Superb and demonstrated troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Experience with PHP
- Experience managing production support teams
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn't about checking every box on a list. It's about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we're solving. We're in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you're not just accepting a job. You're making a career move. Here's how we'll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 90% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Company name: ServiceTitan
Remote job title: Manager, Engineering Support
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, smb