Director, Service & Support
Remote job description
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn't come with a manual. That's why we're building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes ?" knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry ?" we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We're seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we'll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Service & Support Team
We are a global team of service advocates providing frontline service to our Thumbtack users. Our commitment to our users is that we will provide fast, reliable and helpful service through proactive and responsive channels including phone, sms, chat and email.
About the Role
As the Director of Service & Support, you will lead all global customer support operations, guiding the support strategy, mentoring managers, building best practice processes and leveraging technology to provide our pros and customers an exceptional experience. This will involve fostering a team environment that reflects our Company's culture and values including leading by example with a customer first mindset. You will serve as a strategic partner in the business as we build on and execute the roadmap to support our continued growth and success.
- Own the Thumbtack world class service experience from customer interactions to refund processing and continuous improvement.
- Develop a global core leadership team focused on cultivating the top talent in the service industry.
- Monitor key metrics for the Service & Support team and implement changes that will drive continual improvement.
- Build strong working partnerships across cross-functional teams to ensure we are operating as efficiently as possible and ensuring visibility to issues, outcomes and customer concerns.
- Lead the development of key customer care processes for the company, including the development of tools and processes to support our customers and global Customer Care team. Develop and implement the strategy to reduce manual processes and continue to drive automation where possible.
- Lead the Workforce Management team to forecast volumes and hiring needs and recruit members who are focused on delivering world class customer support
- Contribute to a fun, friendly, growth oriented work environment, aligned with our Thumbtack core values and company mission
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 5+ years of experience leading and scaling global service environments including service teams, workforce management and operational excellence.
- 3+ years of experience partnering with product and eng teams to drive product improvements
- 2+ years of experience leading remote teams across time zones, with a focus on employee development and achievement of desired results
- Working knowledge of customer experience metrics including CSAT, NPS, churn and emerging customer service trends
- Experience working with call center or CRM technologies, including shared inboxes, VOIP, and scheduling tools including tool implementation
- Experience leading and supporting diversity and inclusion initiatives across a global organization
- Working experience as a lead cross-functional partner for Finance, Recruiting, Accounting, RevOps, Sales, Legal and Trust & Safety
- Working experience leading service teams for a marketplace organization
- Working experience in a heavily matrixed organization
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
#LI-RemoteBenefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact email@example.com.
*Currently, Thumbtackers can live anywhere in Ontario or British Columbia, Canada or the Philippines or in any of the following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, Washington DC. Our long term vision is to hire across all of the United States and Canada, but this expansion will take a few years.
Company name: Thumbtack
Remote job title: Director, Service & Support
Job tags: VoIP, NPS, Call Centers