Business Operations Manager
Remote job description
Lever's vision is connecting human potential to meaningful work. Hiring is the most strategic challenge that every company faces, and Lever is one of the most recognized brands in talent acquisition software. As the innovation leader in our space, we are searching for great people to join us and push further.
We are proud of the company we've built so far, but we are even more excited for what is yet to come. Our 5000+ customers include global leaders, startups that are disrupting industries, and businesses around the world. Lever has raised $123 million in funding, most recently a $50M Series D in November 2021.
With an overall gender ratio of 50:50 women and men, Lever is also fiercely committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We have been certified as a "Great Place to Work", along with "Best Company Outlook 2022," and "Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022," and the list keeps growing! Our people are Lever's biggest competitive advantage. For more information on our team culture, visit https://inside.lever.co/.
As a Business Operations Manager, you'll identify trends and actionable insights from our data and use analytics to develop recommendations on how our Marketing team can move the needle. This will strengthen the relationship between all functions at Lever and result in better alignment across our Go-To-Market organization.
You'll be instrumental in supporting our quickly growing revenue operations organization and building out the top of the funnel framework that will scale Lever to the next level. The work you do will impact the way our marketing teams measure performance and make decisions on where to invest for the highest ROI.
You will use your prior analytics experience to dive deep into our reporting and identify the levers that drive our business. In your past, you've reached the limits of reporting in Salesforce, hit the row limits in Excel, and taught yourself (or obtained certs in) SQL to keep going past them; at Lever, you'll put those skills to the test.
Lever's Revenue Operations organization is a tight-knit team with diverse backgrounds -- but what we have in common is the ability to take complex problems, break them down to their individual parts, and put them back together in a way that delivers insight or drives business results. You would be a core part of the team that helps us provide those insights and drives change.
The skill set
- 8+ years of experience in Sales/Marketing operations & strategy, preferably in a B2B SaaS company.
- Analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Ability to remove your own roadblocks and identify what you and your stakeholders need to succeed.
- Advanced experience in a Marketing Automation tool (Marketo, Eloqua, etc.), experience in Salesforce, experience with SEO/SEM, experience with enrichment data tools (Zoominfo, Clearbit, etc.), experience with wordpress, forecasting tools such as Clari, Insightsquared, etc.)
- Advanced experience in driving change throughout multiple applications involved in a revenue lifecycle, particularly top of funnel applications.
- Must be able to communicate on different levels with different levels of the organization or customer facing conversations.
Within 1 month, you'll
- Attend Ramp Camp, our company-wide onboarding program, and complete a starter project with your class; present findings / project to relevant stakeholders and follow up as necessary.
- Participate in our Sales & Marketing Ramp Camp, our newest branch of onboarding.
- Learn about the suite of Lever products in Sales & Marketing Ramp Camp; be able to discuss the Lever origin story and understand the decisions and intentions that shaped the product as it is currently.
- Onboard with the Revenue Operations team to learn about our instance of Salesforce, Marketo, Gainsight, Zendesk, Intercom, NetSuite, our automated processes and workflows, and how our Marketing, Sales and Customer data is organized. You will learn how the systems are connected, what data passes through them, our entire lead to cash cycle, and the continued management of a customer at Lever
- Meet the leaders in Sales & Marketing through a series of 1:1s so you can partner effectively with them and learn about how they measure the business.
- Build your Individual Impact Plan to track your career growth and set goals, you'll present this to the Leader of Revenue Operations and use this tool to measure your success moving forward.
Within 3 months, you'll
- Partner with the Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Business Analytics and Salesforce Administration teams to build tools like custom dashboards, surface data insights in CRM from data warehouse, or provide playbook updates to help our Sales teams be more productive.
- Responsible for providing tactical support to the Marketing teams helping them improve KPIs and overall lead conversions.
- Own the lead forecasting process and drive more efficient report out cadences. Specifically on session data and top of funnel metrics.
- Participate in leadership meetings to review team performance, trends, and proactively identify issues and propose solutions to improve our process.
- Work closely with our Marketing leadership team to identify which programs are most effective, which channels drive the most return, and identify highest value lead sources.
Within 6 months, you'll
- Be the owner and change agent of the top of funnel processes on a macro and micro level, making sure all teams are aligned with the strategy for each part of the customer's journey.
- Prepare your analysis and insights into executive-ready presentations and present your findings to our senior leaders at Lever.
- Identify process optimization areas and ensure data governance at the source is practiced.
- Work with our analytics stakeholders to continue to drive the creation, expansion and adoption of our Data Warehouse specific to our marketing generated data.
- Develop and roll out ways to measure the effectiveness of our existing customer marketing programs and communication efforts.
Within 12 months, you'll
- Drive real-time insights across Marketing systems so our non-technical users can self-serve certain reports. You will rely heavily and partner closely with our Business Analytics organization to accomplish this.
- Own the success of our Marketing tech stack and ensure we are continuing to drive as many high quality leads as possible through our funnel.
- Ensure that our Marketing organization is running in an efficient manner and the unit economics continue to improve over time.
- Ensure that our Sales organization is efficiently managing leads and opportunities
- Optimize our back end systems to account for target market specific motions
- Chart your individual growth plan to continue growing your career at Lever.
- Continuously evolve your initiatives to meet the ever-changing needs of Lever's business.
- Is this role not an exact fit?
- Sign up to stay in touch, we'll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
The Lever story
Lever is a leading Talent Acquisition Suite that makes it easy for talent teams to reach their hiring goals and to connect companies with top talent. Lever is the only platform that provides all talent acquisition leaders with complete ATS and robust CRM capabilities in one product, LeverTRM. The Lever Hire and Lever Nurture features allow leaders to scale and grow their people pipeline, build authentic and long-lasting relationships, and source the right people to hire. Lever Analytics provides customized reports with data visualization, see offers completed and interview feedback, and more, to inform strategic decisions between hiring managers and executives alike.
Our platform also enables companies to hire with inclusivity in mind, helping eliminate any hiring bias. Lever supports the hiring needs of more than 5,000 companies around the globe including the teams at Netflix, Spotify, Atlassian, KPMG, and Nielson. For more information, visit https://www.lever.co/.
Company name: Lever
Remote job title: Business Operations Manager
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, business services, hr, recruitment