Remote job description
We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation and guides for Grafana Labs. You will collaborate with the engineers, product managers, and the Grafana writing team to produce a variety of tailored content to ensure our products are easy to learn and rapidly adopted. Just so you know, at Grafana, we don't expect our applicants to be a cookie-cutter match to the job descriptions we post, and we certainly don't expect you to know everything. We would much prefer driven individuals who are willing to learn than someone with 100 years of experience, but no passion for what they do
- Work closely with the senior technical writer, product manager, and internal stakeholders to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Plan, research, develop, and write high-quality content tailored to Grafana customers.
- Interview developers and engineers to gain knowledge and understanding of the software you write about and the larger systems and context in which it is useful. Write content for beginners, such as examples and getting started guides.
- Work with the documentation manager and other technical writers to continuously improve the existing documentation and docs site; to produce content with a consistent voice, feel, and organization; and to make it as easy as possible for users to quickly find the information they need.
- At least 4-6 years of experience
- Experience using or documenting enterprise and/or cloud software.
- Experience working with Git and Github.
- Experience working remotely.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Working with open source communities is a plus.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer: At Grafana Labs we're building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we're working hard to make sure that's the foundation of our organisation as we grow.
Company name: Grafana Labs
Remote job title: Technical Writer
Job tags: Grafana, technical writing