Supervisor, Customer Experience Shopper
Remote job description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There's no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work - whether it's from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop - while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
The Instacart Customer Experience Shopper team supports our shoppers and internal stakeholders through direct, scalable customer service best practices and technology. We are a service-oriented and analytics-driven team that works diligently to delight our community, improve performance, and scale through better automation, process, and product solutions.
The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about delivering the best customer experience, has a strong sense of empathy, and can help drive exceptional customer service by helping customers reach out to Instacart Specialized Customer Service for assistance. Our team consists of customer support professionals dedicated to assisting customers across multiple channels (phone, email, chat).
As a supervisor, you will mentor, coach, supervise, and oversee daily performance for a team of frontline Customer Experience Specialists. You will interact with leadership and internal stakeholders to implement and measure process innovation and operational excellence.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Supervise, coach, and motivate a team of 2 to 20 agents
- Provide individual coaching feedback sessions
- Own overall performance and established metrics of your team
- Leverage data/analysis to proactively identify problems and risks
- Develop and expand expertise of team members
- Serve as a key point of contact to handle sensitive escalations
- Make autonomous decisions to support brand reputation
- Report trends and topics to Customer Experience Leadership
- Think strategically about Customer Experience response processes and improvements
- Assist management in development and implementation of leadership directives
- Assist in the recruitment and hiring of your team members
- BA/BS degree in communications, marketing, social media, or related discipline, or equivalent experience and demonstrated expertise
- 2+ years supervisory experience in retail or contact center environment
- 3+ years experience working in scaled customer support and/or complex operations environment
- Ability to communicate and interact at all levels of leadership
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to translate processes and technical information into clear, useful, simple language
- Proficient with contact center tools such as workforce management, CRM (Zendesk Guide), quality assurance, ticketing systems
- Deep passion for customer support and operational excellence
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Comfortable working autonomously on complex problem
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
OR, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, RI, VT, DC, PA, VA, CO, TX, IL, HI
All other states
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Company name: Instacart
Remote job title: Supervisor, Customer Experience Shopper
Job tags: Zendesk, Workforce Management, Operational Excellence
location or timezone
yearly salary range$69,000 - 92,000
posted75 days ago