Social Media Manager
Remote job description
Okendo is a customer-marketing platform trusted by 4,000+ of the world's fastest-growing consumer brands like Kim Kardashian's brand, SKIMS. The platform is a suite of integrated marketing products including customer ratings and reviews, UGC, and Q&A which brands use to build trust, drive sales, and maximize customer lifetime value.
Our growth exceeded 300% in 2020, so we raised a $5.3 million seed round from Index Ventures in April 2021 to double our global team and accelerate our progress on building the ecommerce marketing platform of the future.
We're product-centric, customer-obsessed and on a mission to build the world's best commerce enablement software. If you like being at the bleeding edge of marketing tech and working with passionate people then Okendo is for you.
Okendo has an incredible community of passionate DTC merchants, high-profile partners, and committed employees itching to share their story on social media. But, we need your help making this thriving social presence a reality. You will join the team as Okendo's very first social media manager and will have the opportunity to grow many of our channels from the ground up. Alongside the Community Marketing Director, you will build a cross-functional social media strategy that celebrates our community and drives real business results. We will work together to build a career path that sets you up for success and allows you to grow as the company grows.
How you'll create impact:
Collaboration and teamwork: You can work cross-functionally to execute a social media strategy that supports GTM activities, sales initiatives, customer and partner advocacy, and content marketing promotion.
Eye for design and time: You are able to clearly communicate and iterate with the design team in a timely manner while juggling multiple deadlines at once.
Community-minded: It's second nature to you to engage online and naturally generate conversations about Okendo our key topic areas. You easily build rapport with merchants, partners, thought leaders, and prospective customers.
Flexibility: You are in tune with the needs of the company, trends uncovered from data, and updates to network algorithms so that you can quickly adapt with any changes thrown your way.
Data-backed: Analytics, reporting, and KPIs aren't four-letter words to you. You thrive in a data-driven environment and can regularly report on important metrics.
What we need from you:
- Please don't be scared to apply if you don't check every box. We'd still love to hear from you!
- You have 3-5 years of experience in marketing, PR, or social media management. Bonus point for previous experience with SaaS or ecommerce!
- You are experienced in engaging with professional communities and building thought leadership.
- You have excellent interpersonal communication skills and are able to adapt to company tone and voice.
- You know your way around social media marketing and analytics tools, such as Hubspot and SproutSocial.
- You're comfortable working in high-growth, fast-moving environments.
- You've completed onboarding and have a better grasp of the Okendo product and our target audience.
- You become familiar with our current social media tools and feel comfortable using them to publish and analyze content.
- You're working with multiple teams to better understand their social needs and thinking through how to support them.
- You have weekly one-on-one's with your Director to establish a social media strategy that supports company-wide initiatives.
- You're executing against the social media strategy, seeing success, and making changes as needed.
- You've implemented new and/or better tools for publishing and analyzing our social media marketing.
- You're delivering meaningful reports regularly that show the progress towards your goals.
- You have become the go-to person across the team for all social media needs.
- You are able to recommend strong, data-backed OKRs for our social media marketing initiatives.
- You're showing meaningful development of key skills, putting you on track for a promotion.
Okendo is a high-growth startup backed by some of the top investors in the world. This position presents a unique opportunity to use Okendo's already well-respected name and build a highly-scalable social presence from the ground up. You will have a world-class team supporting your growth and helping you achieve your career goals.
- Highly competitive compensation package.
- 100% coverage of employee health insurance.
- Comprehensive dental, life, disability and vision coverage.
- Generous PTO and vacation policy.
- Join an experienced, talented, and highly motivated team.
- Exposure to the biggest and best eCommerce brands globally.
- Work remotely in the USA or from our Miami office
Company name: Okendo
Remote job title: Social Media Manager