Senior Manager, Business Operations and Strategy
Remote job description
Loom is the video communication platform for async work that helps companies communicate better at scale. Loom makes it easy to record quick videos of your screen and camera and instantly share them with a link. More than 20M users across 350k+ companies around the world trust Loom to share feedback, updates, intros, training, and more ?" every day. Founded in late 2015, Loom has raised $203M from world-class investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Iconic, and Coatue.
Loom is looking for a Senior Manager, Business Operations and Strategy to lead and develop our pricing and packaging strategy with the goal of driving growth and enabling our users to seamlessly adopt, purchase, and expand with Loom over time. We are looking for a customer-focused, strategic problem solver who can distill strategic insights from qualitative and quantitative data and who can influence stakeholders at all levels of our organization.
Reporting to the Director of Business & Revenue Operations, you will contribute directly to Loom's success in one of our most visible and cross-functional roles, working closely with Sales, CX, Product, Marketing, Operations, and Finance on urgent business priorities.
- Design and implement growth and positioning strategies that enable customers to adopt, purchase, and expand their relationship with Loom over time.
- Partner with our UX and Product Marketing teams to conduct qualitative and quantitative research to test hypotheses, validate customers' willingness to pay, and optimize our product positioning
- Own the roadmap for and lead the execution of Pricing & Packaging initiatives across our self serve and sales led businesses
- Define and evaluate Key Performance Indicators to track and measure the impact of packaging and pricing changes for continuous improvements.
- Identify key opportunities and areas of investment to optimize paid packages - sales led and self serve.
- Own our rate card and discounting framework
- Drive and support other customer-related, cross-functional initiatives as needed
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years in technology/SaaS pricing, product, strategy, and/or management consulting, with a minimum of 2 years focused on pricing.
- Deep understanding of SaaS business models, product-led growth principles, and hybrid GTM models (self-serve and sales-led).
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and SQL with a bias for data-informed decision-making
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally with Product, Finance, Marketing, Sales, Success.
- Ability to independently lead projects including scoping, prioritizing, and executing initiatives
Perks at Loom
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- 14 paid company holidays plus Summer Break in July and Winter Break in December
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Wellness stipends
- Flexible PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work opportunities
- Professional development reimbursement
- Home office & technology reimbursement
How We WorkFreedom and Flexibility: At Loom, we believe work is an act, not a place. When we disengage work from a location, we can accommodate a broad range of life choices. You can choose to work from home or while you travel. We are able to hire across the United States and are continuing to expand our international presence. And you are free to move within a country without any adjustment to compensation.
Engaging Workday: The key to an engaging workday is finding the right balance between different ways to work sync, async, text and video. Loom makes it easier for us to say what we mean without having to schedule a zoom meeting or struggle to find the right words. And using async communication allows us to free up time for deep work every day. We believe there's a place for sync time - often a conversation on Zoom is exactly what is needed. For team meetings, this 'sync time' is typically between 9AM-Noon PT given where the overlap of timezones where Loommates are located.
Work-Rest Balance: The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth startup and sustainability is making rest a priority. We offer a flexible PTO policy so you're able to take time off when you need it. We also go fully offline for Summer Break around 4th of July and between Christmas and New Years. Rest is also part of the workday, not just during PTO. Taking a break for personal commitments, whether it's watching the kids or getting some exercise is a natural part of the workday.
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter. We are intentional about building trust and relationships through unique, shared experiences. Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it's through Looms celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. Loommates are able to meet in person with their teams at least twice a year purely for fun. We have also built local offices for those who want to work or meet in person, starting with San Francisco and New York City.
Loom = Equal Opportunity EmployerWe are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.
To learn more about how Loom collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Loom Candidate Privacy Notice.
Company name: Loom
Remote job title: Senior Manager, Business Operations and Strategy
Job tags: Decision-Making, Software as a Service, SQL