Senior Growth Marketing Manager, CRO
Remote job description
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn't come with a manual. That's why we're building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes - knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry - we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We're seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we'll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million projects started on Thumbtack
- 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 9 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Growth Marketing Team
We're a team of marketers that create engaging campaigns across channels and work closely with cross-functional partners (Analytics, Brand, Product, Sales, Engineering, and Data Science) to drive growth on both sides of Thumbtack's marketplace. We are nimble and innovative, and our team's mission is to help customers solve their home care needs by discovering and using Thumbtack's platform.
About the Role
As the CRO leader at Thumbtack, you will own the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the platform-driven CRO function leveraging experimentation tools to improve conversion rate across Thumbtack's customer and pro acquisition funnels. You will own the process for testing page design and messaging, maintain and prioritize a full testing pipeline, and balance test risk with potential impact. This role requires establishing strong cross-functional partnerships and collaboration, as you will work closely with teammates across Marketing, Product, MarTech, and Analytics as well as external agencies to align on goals and deliver an experimentation roadmap for Thumbtack's growth.
- Strategic Leader: Define the vision for the CRO program, partner with cross-functional stakeholders, and define success by taking ownership of goal setting and performance KPIs to align with company objectives. Evolve the program by improving upon the existing foundation, increasing testing velocity, expanding platforms, crystallizing processes, and ultimately driving a greater business impact.
- Cross-functional Collaborator: Establish a deep understanding of the CRO function and the opportunities it can unlock across Thumbtack's multiple functions. Champion an experimentation culture and evangelize the program, achieving alignment with Product, Eng, Analytics, and Marketing stakeholders.
- Strong Project Manager: Manage and prioritize an iterative pipeline of high-impact tests including setup, execution, and measurement of experiments. Balance quick wins with major needle-mover initiatives.
- Technical Skills: Audit and help evolve the CRO tech stack. Assess existing Thumbtack A/B testing and landing page tools and determine the right tech stack and 3rd party support for Thumbtack's needs.
- Data-Driven: Closely partner with Marketing Analytics to assess test performance, build full-funnel dashboards, and understand levers to improve conversion rates. Drive alignment across teams on the key definitions of success and methodology to implement winning tests.
What you'll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 8+ years of conversion rate optimization experience
- Demonstrated ability to ideate and execute robust A/B and multivariate tests roadmaps
- Experience working alongside cross-functional teams to drive optimization efforts
- Deep knowledge of experimentation methodologies including experiment design, hypothesis creation, and basic statistics
- Experience leveraging data to inform testing roadmap and evaluate results to demonstrate business impact
- Strong project management skills
- Familiarity with Optimizely and other A/B testing tools
Bonus points if you have
- Experience in a marketplace company and/or high-growth startup
- Baseline knowledge of other digital functions including SEM / CRM / UX
- People-management experience
- Experience architecting programs for multiple audiences at various stages of a buyer's journey
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines. Learn more about our virtual-first working model here. #LI-Remote
For candidates living in San Francisco / Bay Area, New York City, or Seattle metros, the expected salary range for the role is currently $160,000 - $200,000. Actual offered salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
For candidates living in all other US locations, the expected salary range for this role is currently $136,000 - $170,000. Actual offered salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.Benefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: email@example.com.
Company name: Thumbtack
Remote job title: Senior Growth Marketing Manager, CRO
Job tags: Test Management Tools, project management, Design of Experiments
location or timezone
yearly salary range$136,000 - 200,000
posted67 days ago