Senior Events Marketing Manager
Remote job description
About This Role
Strava is the world's largest athletic community and the social platform at the center of connected fitness. With over 95 million athletes on Strava and 2 million more joining every month, we're growing fast!
The Senior Events Marketing Manager, US reports to the Marketing Lead, North America and will play an important role in being where our athletes are, by executing and managing event partnerships and community activations - initiatives and strategies that will be integral in helping to grow and engage our community of athletes in our largest market.
If you are someone who is: passionate about managing/developing talent, able to manage concurrent deadlines/projects with ease, comfortable with metrics and data, and you seamlessly collaborate with cross-functional teams; we would love to hear from you. If you're interested and meet the majority of these qualifications, we invite you to apply.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Partner and collaborate to build out the US event marketing strategy. While executing event marketing strategies that cut through the noise and add brand-relevant value to participants, in order to drive brand awareness, salience and engagement during key athlete moments.
- Have proven experience launching energizing community events from start to finish while taking risks, and learning how these activations affect our key metrics of awareness, growth and engagement. Then iterating to do it all over again even better while demonstrating our values and our core differentiators as the foundation of our events.
- Create the foundation and playbook for how Strava shows up for our competitive and experience-driven athletes. Eventually building the team who will execute on this playbook. Demonstrate out of the box thinking about what event disruption (traditional and non-traditional) could look like to drive further word of mouth.
- Understand our impact at every event and activation to various stakeholders (athletes, partners, influencers, etc) . Helping to develop measurement methodologies and in partnership with our analytics team. In order to illustrate the value that events marketing has on our brand and business in the US and beyond.
- In partnership with our Strava Business team, create outsized impact with event partners, creatively multiplying these activations to create benefits for both of our organizations.
- Show up where athletes are in highly relevant ways, working closely with our campaign manager, sports marketing, communications and global content teams to ensure that the event's channel is both on-brand and is amplifying our key marketing messages.
- Be a strategic partner with both existing and new event organizer relationships, creating and adding value to long term partnerships that will drive marketing and business outcomes.
You will be successful here by having:
- 7+ years of experience in event marketing, experiential marketing, race management and/or event logistics.
- Proven examples of scaling event management into a playbook that drive towards marketing goals.
- Experience managing sophisticated experiential projects from the ground up with high attention to detail.
- Managed a team, both internally and externally, and understood event marketing needs to drive success across marketing and brand building goals.
- The ability to roll up your sleeves, and be open to learning new things while thinking creatively.
- Comfort with ambiguity, cross-functional collaboration and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills along with seeing the big picture and all the pieces needed to get things done.
Ideal Qualifications (but not required):
- Experience building a team from the ground up to bring an events marketing function to life at an organization.
- Sports brand and/or B2C events' experience.
In your cover letter, we would love to see (please include to complete your application):
- What specifically interests you about this opportunity and why are you the best candidate to do it?
- What attributes do you have that would separate you from other candidates?
- Link to a portfolio (i.e. deck, pdf, website, anything that showcases your work; not required but helpful)
Strava is Swedish for "strive," which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We're a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world's athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes' days even better. And just as we're deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we're dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We're backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we're expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community ?" we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes' lives ?" now more than ever. All to say, it's a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.
Company name: Strava
Remote job title: Senior Events Marketing Manager
Job tags: marketing