Senior Event Marketing Manager
Remote job description
Remote is solving global remote organizations' biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
We are looking for a Senior Event Marketing Manager to join our team. You'll work closely with our leadership team, key internal spokespeople, external thought leaders and VIP community members and customers to create compelling event opportunities. You will collaborate with Growth, Sales, and Customer Success teams to execute an end-to-end event strategy.
- A team player who can align cross-functional priorities, while collaborating with others to execute phenomenal events.
- A logistics nerd who pays attention to detail, has strong organization skills, and prioritizes driving outcomes.
- A great communicator who understands the value of integrated event messaging, and finds creative ways to reach our target audience.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in event marketing, for both digital and in-person events.
- Experience in both 3rd party (tradeshow) and proprietary (user conference, internal company kickoffs) event planning and management.
- Strong writing and communication skills for multiple, diverse audiences.
- Excellent prioritization and project management skills with a high degree of conscientiousness and eye for detail.
- Skills at managing relationships at all levels of seniority, from executives at large enterprises to your peers at Remote.
- A focus on driving outcomes.
- Experience with Hubspot customer segmentation and the marketing platform is a plus.
- Passion for remote work and a global outlook strongly preferred.
- Research key industry events and programs (e.g. webinars, podcasts) and develop a yearly roadmap of events and corresponding budget
- Work with the Growth team to tie event plans around partner and marketing initiatives
- Project manage all event logistics for all internal and external events we participate in; responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work with content and community team to determine Remote's goals and positioning
- Work with Product Marketing to develop event messaging, talk descriptions, and tactics
- Work with the design team to create necessary event assets
- Manage event promotions, such as emails and social media
- Build a bench of internal speakers, what topics they specialize in (subject matter expertise), and identify programming for continued development
- Continue to optimize event processes and documentation
- Scoping of potential proprietary or co-located event(s)
- Conducting thorough event recaps, reviewing key event metrics like lead generation and co-partnership referral data
- Thinking 'outside the box' and being creative in the ways that we tie our event strategy to other initiatives that we are pursuing as a team
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You'll report to: Sr. Director of Product Marketing and Community
- Team: Growth
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members
- Interview with VP of Growth
- Prior employment verification check(s)
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below.
Company name: Remote
Remote job title: Senior Event Marketing Manager
Job tags: logistics, Prioritization Skills, project management