Senior Community Manager
Remote job description
Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world's largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Senior Community Manager to shape and nurture Apollo's owned community. In this role, you will be the driving force scaling the community, while creating a positive and engaging experience for all members. You'll play a pivotal role in helping Apollo customers and GTM professionals connect with each other while harnessing the power of community to build brand presence and trust. The role is perfect for someone with previous experience building and scaling a community in Slack (tech experience is a huge plus!).
- Collaborate with internal teams and members to create engaging programs, bringing our customers closer to our product, while demonstrating the value of Apollo to prospects.
- Develop, implement, and iterate on strategies that drive member acquisition across millions of end users and prospects within our market segment.
- Build relationships with community members via Slack, virtual events, social media, and other channels, becoming a "go to" connector to the Apollo brand.
- Organize and host virtual events, including AMA's, workshops, and networking sessions.
- Manage onboarding, offboarding, and winback programs with the goal of activating members within their first 30 days of joining.
- Use community as a platform to cultivate champions for Apollo, creating a new "arm" of product fans & experts acting as an extension of our brand.
- Deploy relevant member surveys to audit our current community perception and help inform our community strategy.
- Manage pipeline of research panel participants ready to engage with our product team via dedicated community channels.
- Moderate and encourage discussions, share relevant content, and facilitate knowledge exchange among community members.
- Analyze key metrics related to member growth and activation, adjusting strategies accordingly.
- +4 years of experience in a marketing role, with at least 2 years direct experience in owning the growth and activation of a Slack community within SaaS.
- Highly collaborative, understanding the various functions within an org that support customer satisfaction, and bringing those functions into a more active role within the community.
- Ability to project manage across multiple teams as well as own multiple initiatives at once. (Previous experience using Asana a plus).
- Incredible attention to detail. The ability to understand where things fall within your scope of priorities, set expectations, and fulfill commitments made to community members and other stakeholders.
- Familiarity with marketing tooling and a basic understanding of what a successfully automated acquisition program looks like for a community.
- Comfortable with hosting events and being the face of the Apollo community.
What You'll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees' careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You'll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We're very collaborative at Apollo, so you'll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You'll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you'll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!
Company name: Apollo
Remote job title: Senior Community Manager
Job tags: Apollo, asana, Software as a Service