Marketing Operations Manager
Remote job description
ALL SOURCEGRAPH ROLES ARE FULLY REMOTE
Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just 0.1% of the population. Our code graph powers Cody, the most powerful and accurate code AI for writing, fixing, and maintaining code, as well as our Code Search product, helping devs explore their entire codebase and make large-scale migrations and security fixes. We're building software that builds software, and in doing so we're making devs more productive and growing the population of coders by giving anybody access to the deep knowledge base of a senior engineer through Cody and all of the context it brings. We're preparing for a world with a lot more code than exists today, and that benefits us all.
It's an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. AI has taken over the world, and we've spent the last 10 years building infrastructure that's integral to making AI generated code more powerful and accurate. Our customers include 4/5 FAANG companies, 4 of the top 10 banks, government organizations, Uber, Plaid, and many other companies building the software that pushes the world forward. We've raised $225M at a $2.625B valuation from Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Redpoint, Craft and others. We're making ambitious bets on our future and we're looking to hire exceptional people to join our team as we make Sourcegraph one of the biggest and most influential companies in the world.
Given that we are an all-remote company and hire almost anywhere in the world, we don't have a particular time-zone preference for this role.
Why this job is exciting
Sourcegraph is currently in search of a Marketing Operations Manager who possesses a strong affinity for processes and data, and thrives on the opportunity to enhance every facet of the marketing funnel and tech stack. This person will play a pivotal role in handling marketing-centric analytics and reporting, process establishment and enhancement, marketing technologies management, implementation, governance, roadmap progression, effective marketing data management, and best practices dissemination.
Within one month, you will...
- Refine and optimize our lead qualification process
- Partner with sales managers to improve lead flow and visibility
- Develop a 30,60,90 day plan for overhauling marketing operations
Within three months, you will...
- Have created an accurate data flow between product, CRM, reporting, and MAP platforms
- Own reporting for marketing campaigns and the inbound funnel
Within six months, you will...
- Partner with sales to onboard an account based intelligence platform
- Build a strong account scoring infrastructure that informs both marketing and qualified lead scoring programs
Within one year, you will...
- Have developed a best-in-class lead flow process, reporting infrastructure, and be held accountable for conversion rates through the funnel.
- Technology B2B Marketing (developer marketing is a plus), typically obtained in 5-7 years, with at least 4 years in Marketing Operations roles
- HubSpot and Salesforce experience required; advanced knowledge of analytics tools (Looker and Amplitude experience is a plus)
- Experience with marketing campaign analytics
- Experience implementing software into the HubSpot / Salesforce ecosystem
- Highly analytical, organized, detail-oriented, self-starter
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills
- Innovative thinker, creative problem solver and effectively manage multiple ongoing assignments in a fast paced, fluid environment
- Experience splicing data together from various systems to create easily digestible views of performance in simple but powerful dashboards to inform the business
- Capable of breaking down silos and engaging cross-functional teams including working with product, technology, and customer facing teams such as sales and customer experience.
- Passionate about evangelizing marketing processes / performance and enrolling/educating internal stakeholders to optimize and grow the business
- Experience implementing a multi-touch attribution model and aligning actionable performance metrics throughout funnel stages
This job is an IC4. You can read more about our job leveling philosophy in our Handbook.
We pay you an above-average salary because we want to hire the best people who are fully focused on helping Sourcegraph succeed, not worried about paying bills. You will have the flexibility to work and live anywhere in the world (unless specified otherwise in the job description), and we'll never take your location or current/past salary information into account when determining your compensation. As an open and transparent company that values equitable and competitive compensation for everyone, our compensation ranges are visible to every single Sourcegraph Teammate. To determine your salary, we use a number of market and data-driven salary sources and target the high-end of the range, ensuring that we're always paying above market regardless of where you live in the world.
The target compensation for this role is $168,000 USD base.
In addition to our cash compensation, we offer equity (because when we succeed as a company, we want you to succeed, too) and generous perks & benefits.
Below is the interview process you can expect for this role (you can read more about the types of interviews in our Handbook). It may look like a lot of steps, but rest assured that we move quickly and the steps are designed to help you get the information needed to determine if we're the right fit for you... Interviewing is a two-way street, after all!
We expect the interview process to take 4.5 hours in total.
Introduction Stage - we have initial conversations to get to know you better...
Team Interview Stage - we then delve into your experience in more depth and introduce you to members of the team...
- [1hr] Peer Interview - Madison Clark & Alex Isken
- [1hr] Working Session
Final Interview Stage - we move you to our final round, where you meet cross-functional partners and gain a better understanding of our business and values holistically...
- [30m] Values Interview
- [30m] Leadership Interview with co-founder
- We check references and conduct your background check
Please note - you are welcome to request additional conversations with anyone you would like to meet, but didn't get to meet during the interview process.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you're not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.
Sourcegraph participates in E-Verify for U.S. Employees
Company name: Sourcegraph
Remote job title: Marketing Operations Manager
Job tags: Salesforce, marketing, analytics