Head of Mid-Market Product Marketing
Remote job description
Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world's largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.
The Apollo.io Product Marketing team is responsible for bringing to life the value, differentiation and proof points of our offering. Each product marketing manager is responsible for being a market expert, cultivating our buyer personas and being a champion of our prospects' needs to help shape our strategic marketing campaigns, sales strategy and product roadmap.
In this role you will need to be an entrepreneurial self-starter and someone who has strong interpersonal skills with a proven track record building strong partnerships across sales, marketing and product.
If you're a data-driven, fanatic product marketer with strong communication skills and a "get stuff done" attitude, read on!
- Actively shadow sales teams, interview clients and engage with influencers
- Dig into segmentation, go-to-market strategies, commercialization and competition
- Unearth insights into buyer needs and market opportunities to help define and influence product strategy and roadmap
- Develop and deliver business rationale to cross-functional team members and senior leadership in order to gain alignment and drive projects forward
- Manage product commercialization for segment-specific product offerings
- Lead development of marketing programs, collateral, enablement and other required selling tools to support all the mid-market and enterprise sales teams efforts
- Collaborate with our Demand Generation, Corporate Communications, and PR teams to ensure we have a consistent and compelling message in market
- Understand market dynamics around price and make recommendations for pricing and commercialization strategies
- Act as a strong role model for peers and more junior marketing colleagues
- BA/BS required, MBA nice to have
- 7+ years work experience in product marketing, product management or consulting
- Prior experience in product marketing or product management in high growth technology companies strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills and experience with market research and data analysis
- Demonstrated success introducing products to B2B markets
- Ability to lead cross functional teams
- Highly collaborative mindset; experienced at working cross-functionally to drive results
- Ability to act as a positive, self-motivated leader who can inspire others to rise to new challenges
- Strong writer and verbal communicator, ability to build and maintain strong relationships across a rapidly growing organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to ensure tight deadlines are met both internally and externally
What You'll Do
- You are responsible for being a mid-market expert; actively shadow go-to-market teammates, interview customers, and engage with prospective customers
- Design and maintain an end-to-end customer journey for mid-market with revenue leadership; use it to implement top-down acquisition, activation, and expansion motions for high-value accounts
- Lead the charge on go-to-market initiatives and tactics to reach mid-market and beyond: including plays, promotions, packaging, segmentation, etc.
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing, Sales, and Research to develop proactive positioning materials, value tools, and campaign strategies that boost our brand recognition and win rate in the mid-market and beyond
- Elevate insights with product to influence a winning mid-market roadmap; partner to launch mid-market specific product offerings with compelling messaging and proof of value
- Partner with marketing and product leaders to develop and advance an analyst relations strategy
- Identify and support thought leadership themes and messages for executives and the mid-market
- Provide support on key deals with materials and in live meetings
- You've been a segment / vertical leader in a multi-product SaaS business and have a minimum of 7 total years of product marketing experience?"you know how to chart a course for a new segment in a high-growth business
- You can systematically measure program/initiative success and stand up the tracking to do so (eg: partner with MOPs, establish program baselines, test new initiatives)
- You're a builder and can sprint toward creating a world-class competitive function at Apollo
- You thrive in high-growth startup environments; you're collaborative, adaptable, and resourceful
- You take full ownership of your domain
- You are the best at turning the details into very effective top line position for GTM
- If they could, your sales team would clone you
- Bonus: you know the revenue technology space already and/or have personal experience in sales or revenue operations
What You'll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees' careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You'll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We're very collaborative at Apollo, so you'll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You'll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you'll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!
Company name: Apollo
Remote job title: Head of Mid-Market Product Marketing
Job tags: analytics, Organization Skills, Market Research