Growth Marketing Manager, SEO
Remote job description
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn't come with a manual. That's why we're building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes - knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry - we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We're seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we'll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million+ projects started on Thumbtack
- About 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- About 10 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Search Marketing Team
We're a team of digital marketers that create engaging campaigns across channels and we work closely with cross-functional partners (Brand, Product, Engineering, and Data Science) to drive growth on both sides of Thumbtack's marketplace. We are nimble, and innovative and our team's mission is to help customers solve their home care needs by discovering and using Thumbtack's platform.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Technical SEO Manager to drive search success and solve complex SEO problems. You will be responsible for improving Thumbtack search visibility by enhancing the product's technical capabilities and performance. The ideal candidate has a proven record of achieving and measuring results through both technical and content-based efforts. You will make data-driven decisions to identify, prioritize, and execute initiatives that deliver incremental traffic and revenue to Thumbtack. You will do this by leading a cross-functional team consisting of content marketing, analytics, engineering, paid search marketing, landing page optimization, and our internal CRO team. You will also partner closely with Martech, Engineering, Product, and Design teams to accomplish your goals.
- Develop a plan to identify and execute on top opportunities to grow organic search traffic and execute your roadmap with partners across the team. Perform regular technical forensic audits and inspections of the site to identify on-page, off-page, site infrastructure and technical issues
- Work closely with Engineering, Product and Design team to lead SEO projects and drive forward across different team roadmaps
- Develop detailed and coherent technical SEO requirements that serve as actionable roadmaps for engineers and product managers, ensuring seamless implementation of recommendations under your leadership.
- Prioritize technical SEO issues based on sound business cases, ensuring projects align with individual and team goals.
- Strong project management skills to scope, lead and execute projects across multiple teams. Familiarity with sprint planning and prioritization preferred.
- Analyze large amounts of data from a variety of sources and prepare executive-ready insights and recommendations to improve SEO campaign performance
- Build and implement roadmap for technical SEO improvements to website
What you'll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 5+ years of practical SEO experience; with heavy emphasis on the technical side
- A demonstrated track record of increasing rankings, traffic, and revenue through managing and executing SEO strategies and tactics
- Strong familiarity with Google Search Console, Similar Web, and other analytics and reporting tools
- Ability to draw conclusions from data to create business cases, market insights, and requirements for SEO
- Ability to work through others (channel owners, cross-functional, and external partners) to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting to senior leadership, strong relationship builder with a collaborative, inclusive working style
Bonus points if you have
- Experience in a high growth tech company and/or two-sided marketplace app/company
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity combined with big-picture thinking and exceptional problem solving skills
- Experience architecting programs for multiple audiences at various stages of a buyer's journey
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines. Learn more about our virtual-first working model here.
For candidates living in San Francisco / Bay Area, New York City, or Seattle metros, the expected salary range for the role is currently $130,000 - $170,000. Actual offered salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
For candidates living in all other US locations, the expected salary range for this role is currently $110,000 - $145,000. Actual offered salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with in-person events
- 20 company-wide holidays including a week-long end-of-year company shutdown
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services (North America)
- WiFi reimbursements
- Cell phone reimbursements (North America)
- Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: email@example.com.
Company name: Thumbtack
Remote job title: Growth Marketing Manager, SEO