Field Marketing Manager, Central
Remote job description
We're on a mission to make knowledge work faster and more humane. We believe that AI will fundamentally transform how people work. In the future, everyone will work in tandem with expert AI assistants who find knowledge, create and synthesize information, and execute work. These assistants will free people up to focus on the higher-level, creative aspects of their work.We're building a system of intelligence for every company in the world. On the surface, you can think of it as Google + ChatGPT for the enterprise. Under the hood, our platform is the connective tissue between AI and knowledge. It brings all of a company's knowledge together, understands it at a deep level, provides industry-leading search relevance over it, and connects it to generative AI agents and applications.
Glean was founded by a seasoned team of former Google search and Facebook engineers who saw a need in the enterprise space for their technical depth and passion for AI. We're a diverse team of curious and creative people who want to help each other get big things done - so we can help other teams do the same.We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists - including Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed, and General Catalyst - and have assembled a world-class team with senior leadership experience at Google, Slack, Facebook, Dropbox, Rubrik, Uber, Intercom, Pinterest, Palantir, and others.
Glean is looking for a Field Marketing Manager who will partner closely with our marketing and sales teams to build out our Central region event strategy.
You will own creating the experiential events and programs that bring the Glean message to our target personas in innovative companies everywhere. Programs will be aligned to regional and segment-specific sales priorities and revenue targets, and will include field events, partner programs, account-based strategy, and executive programs. You are passionate about field marketing and have a knack for working across sales and marketing teams to drive a high-quality pipeline.
What you will do and achieve
As to be expected in a start-up moving as fast as we are, the scope of this position will evolve continuously. Comfort with ambiguity is required. Below is a partial representation of what may be included in the FIeld Marketing scope of responsibilities:
- As our first field marketing manager in the Central region, you will be responsible for driving the strategy, planning, execution, and success of our field marketing programs as we build the motion from scratch
- Develop a dynamic strategy that is a mix of both new logo acquisition and expansion into existing accounts
- Tap into your creative side to build programs that tell the Glean story and capture the attention of our target audience
- Innovate and experiment with both in-person and virtual programs
- Own programs end-to-end in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail and execution
- Objectively evaluate the ROI on programs and adjust tactics to drive true revenue results for the company
- Act as the intermediary between the marketing and field sales teams to ensure alignment and understanding of programs, goals, and outcomes
- Travel required (COVID-permitting) ~50% of the time
Who you are
- Must be located in Central US
- 3+ years experience in a B2B SaaS field marketing or events role
- Deadline-driven mindset with ability to manage multiple projects on your own
- High comfort level communicating with various stakeholders across marketing, sales, customer success, product, executive leadership, and our customers
- Experience in creating and implementing successful events and programs that generate high value, and high intent leads
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on relationship-building
- You might describe yourself as "type A" because you have exceptional project management skills and extreme attention to detail
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work environment and time-off policy
- Transparent culture
- Learning and development opportunities
- Company events
- Free meals
For California based applicants:
The standard base salary range for this position is $123,200 - $175,000 annually. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for variable compensation, equity, and benefits.We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse company. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
Company name: Glean
Remote job title: Field Marketing Manager, Central
Job tags: Partner Program Management, Artificial Intelligence, Field Marketing