Director of Content & Managing Editor
Remote job description
Productboard is the leading product management system that helps product management teams to get the right products to market, faster. It is essentially a system of record for any and all products. Over 4,900 customer-driven companies like Zendesk, Disney, VMware, Avast, UiPath, and Marriott use Productboard to gather customer feedback, analyze user data, prioritize product roadmap, and collaborate with everyone else in the team with a clearly communicated goal. Their end-to-end product management system provides clear objectives for all teams and aligns colleagues around the product development vision and process. Think CRM but specifically designed for the product needs of any modern organization making digital products.
Along with its intuitive, yet feature-rich platform, Productboard enables teams to easily integrate with other engineering task management tools such as JIRA, Slack, Trello, PivotalTracker, and GitHub and with systems full of valuable customer insights such as Intercom, Zendesk, CRM systems, NPS systems, and many more. With a manageable and customer-friendly user interface, it provides in-depth backlog customer feedback and information for product managers to use for product development.
Everyone deserves to work on products that will be used, enjoyed, and loved - products that matter. It's Productboard's mission is to help product makers across the globe create exceptional products that resonate with customers deeply on both functional and emotional levels. With Productboard, every team can make things that matter - together.
Productboard is seeking a Director of Content & Managing Editor to lead storytelling efforts across all channels, including social, web, email, community and editorial (which you will create!). The right candidate has both editorial and brand experience and is accustomed to a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This position reports to the Head of Brand Experience and will be tasked with strategic direction and tactical execution of our holistic, global content strategy and oversight of our Editorial team of writers and contractors.
- Be the creative visionary for content programming at Productboard, owning both strategy and execution.
- Act as editor-in-chief of our (to-be-created) editorial presence, which will include journalism and lifestyle pieces specifically targeted to "Product people." You will oversee the editorial plan, lead pitch meetings, and manage freelancers as well as team members.
- Strategically integrate content into Productboard campaigns and initiatives, to provide deeper storytelling and build brand love.
- You are a flexible teammate and versatile writer, as well as experienced content strategist -which will require high-level storytelling skills to effectively engage a range of audiences, including prospective and existing clients, influencers and internal audiences.
- You must have top-notch writing and editing skills with a strong portfolio showing multi-channel campaigns. Knowledge of video concepts and experience across all digital media, with a special emphasis on social.
- Manage all internal and external content resources, agencies, and freelancers from briefing through final production
- Drive culture through highly relevant and thoughtful content.
- Ensure that programming-specific content has best-in-class creative by consistently pushing on ideas and inspiration.
- Strengthen and diversify Productboard's Product Management Platform through new content opportunities.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with a diverse mix of teams, balancing the needs of key stakeholders with creative excellence and innovation.
- Act as a gatekeeper of the Productboard brand.
What we want from you:
- Minimum 8-10 years experience at a magazine, media company, or editorial website, as well as experience within a content agency, or in an editorial role at a brand.
- Someone with a portfolio of compelling work that showcases both ideation and execution expertise.
- Experience in a people-management role, with the ability to coordinate, direct, and provide creative direction to contractors, agencies, and in-house creatives.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively.
- Strong editing and writing skills, with a passion for discovering human interest stories and uncovering unique story angles.
- Maintain a bias towards action and relentless improvement. A "no-task-is-too-small" attitude and obsession with, "how can we do Product content better?" are necessary for success in this role.
You can look forward to the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation, stock options, company 401k
- A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
- 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
- 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
- Lunch delivered to your home
- Mental Wellness Program to support your well-being and self-care
- Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
- Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
- Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
- About our culture
At Productboard, values aren't just something we like to talk about, they're something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.
Company name: productboard
Remote job title: Director of Content & Managing Editor
Job tags: software