Director, Lifecycle Marketing
Remote job description
Citizen is the No. 1 personal safety app in the U.S., with a mission to make the world a safer place. Citizen provides 911 alerts so people can use their phones to keep themselves, and the people and places they love, safe. Citizen has notified people to evacuate burning buildings,, and led to the rescue of kidnapped children and missing people.
Citizen's alerts are accompanied by live stories, real-time updates, and user-generated content so app users never have to wonder why there are fire engines passing by. By broadcasting from the scene of an incident and communicating with one another, communities are empowered by Citizen. We act fast, give people the immediate information to stay safe.
Our first paid product?"Citizen Protect?"is a only-of-its-kind personal safety subscription that allows users to reach a digital guardian 24/7 for $20/mo. Subscribers used Citizen Protect to guide emergency response to remote hiking locations, or travel safely on late-night walks..
Already relied on by millions of people every day, Citizen will continue to expand and prioritize We're looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to join Citizen.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, Founders Fund, Goodwater Capital, and Greycroft and has raised $100M+ in VC funding.
About the role
As the Director of Lifecycle Marketing, you will drive improvements across Citizen's user lifecycle. You'll own the Citizen user lifecycle and journey and partner with product marketing, product, and growth to drive improvements in activation, retention, and monetization. You'll set the strategy, optimize our existing channels, test new channels, own the results, and build out a team to rapidly grow our adoption and retention. You will ultimately help users discover and get value from Citizen's free and premium products.You will report to the VP of Growth.
What You'll Do Here
- Lead development and execution of a CRM messaging and content strategy and roadmap that will drive growth, retention, and subscription revenue for Citizen. Leverage a multi-channel approach with an emphasis on email marketing, SMS, push and in-app messaging
- Develop segmentation and targeting strategies for marketing campaigns and lifecycle flows. Utilize segmentation tools to develop optimal audiences
- Define, gather, and organize requirements for developing automated lifecycle journey messaging for new subscribers and reconnects
- Develop and execute lifecycle marketing campaigns by developing cross-channel strategy, identifying customer segments, and key messages.
- Build, test, and optimize engagement and retention programs, making continuous improvements based on performance, trends, insights; regularly report out metrics.
- Partner with product and technology teams to identify new opportunities to increase engagement from active and lapsed subscribers.
We'd Love to Hear from You if You Have
- 7+ years in CRM and lifecycle marketing with proven hands-on experience driving strategy, growth and retention via customer segmentation and multi-channel (email, push, in-app messaging, SMS) automated campaigns
- Expert level knowledge with messaging automation platforms/ESPs
- Experience leading CRM programs in a B2C subscription model is a plus
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Company name: Citizen
Remote job title: Director, Lifecycle Marketing
Job tags: Lifecycle Marketing, automation, crm