Remote job description
Squarespace is looking for a Procurement Manager to join our growing Finance and Accounting team. You will help build and lead the sourcing and procurement function as well as own the Company's procurement system. This role will be expected to contribute towards all aspects of procurement including but not limited to improving/refining procurement policies and processes, support the business with all procurement related steps and partner with all relevant stakeholders to identify sourcing opportunities, engage vendors in pricing and contract negotiations and drive value for the organization. You will also work closely with accounts payable to ensure a timely and efficient business operation. As a member of our Finance team, you will be a vital asset to our growing international finance operation whose footprint touches all aspects of the company, including marketing, creative, engineering, and business operations.
This role reports to the Chief Accounting Officer and can be based in our NYC headquarters or remotely in an approved state (see application question).
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority and we will continue to monitor the status of COVID?19.
You'll get to
- Own the procurement and expense policies and procedures in coordination with the Legal team and influence adoption and adherence to policies
- Manage the procurement service desk and guide business leads through the procurement process
- Own Company procurement software for all purchases and expenses and ensure efficient use across the organization
- Partner with Finance/Accounting/Legal/Business units to identify and execute strategies that will drive value and create efficiencies across the procurement function
- Establish KPI metrics to include cost savings and avoidance, policy compliance, purchase order cycle time, and supplier compliance.
- Negotiate competitive pricing and volume discounts for long-term contracts and service-level agreements
- Manage and monitor internal controls over vendor compliance, purchase order/requisitions and disbursements, including compliance with SOX.
- Develop, implement, improve and enforce policies and department controls to increase accuracy and efficiency across all payment processes
- Support Accounts Payable team with day-to-day operations
- Assist with internal and external reporting requirements
- Building and maintaining relationships with employees, clients, vendors, and lenders.
- Ensure accounting treatment is in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Additional support to the Finance team, as needed
Who we're looking for
- 7+ years of combined procurement experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or similar
- People management experience
- Experience with Netsuite, Ironclad and Coupa PO system a huge plus
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts and US GAAP
- Self-starter with strong work ethic who can work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop relationships across the organization
- Strong problem solving, analytical and multitasking capabilities
- Commitment to accuracy, integrity and attention to detail
- Independent thinker who can make decisions and solve ambiguous problems
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.Summary
Company name: Squarespace
Remote job title: Procurement Manager
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, smb, soho, websites