Legal Ops Specialist
Remote job description
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Legal and Corporate Affairs Operations Specialist with 3-5 years of experience to join our expanding Legal and Corporate Affairs Operations Team. The ideal candidate is collegial, team-oriented, proactive, tech savvy, and loves the challenge of competing priorities in a fast paced environment. This position is an individual contributor role, reporting to the Head of Legal Operations.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Support department-wide financial and budgetary processes, including managing accruals, tracking legal spend against budget, reporting, and e-billing and matter management platform, including platform efficiencies and optimizations
- Review and coordinate processing and payment of legal invoices, including managing escalations and applying billing guidelines
- Maintain vendor profiles, including fee arrangements, discounts, and vendor contacts
- Develop relationships with billing teams from law firms and vendors
- Contribute to the development/maintenance of internal guides, trainings and processes
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date processes and procedure documentation
- Manage and improve new hire onboarding process, materials, and associated training
- Assist with legal and cross-functional projects as they arise
- Support implementation of technology solutions
- Optimize continuous operational effectiveness through identifying productivity opportunities
- Assist with implementing supporting programs, processes and tools to improve workflows, and codifying processes though playbooks and intake templates
- Special projects, as needed
- A bachelor's degree or higher, preferred
- At least 3-5 years legal operations experience in an in-house legal department, law firm, or both
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical capabilities, organizational skills, and dedication to the details
- Strong business partnering skills with a commitment to professionalism, collegiality, and transparency
- Proactive entrepreneurial approach to recognizing needs, solving problems, anticipating issues and developing solutions
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks as needed to meet goals and deadlines in a very fast-paced environment
- Sense of ownership and exceptional follow through skills are absolutely essential
- Experience implementing and managing legal technology solutions, including change management
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Comfortable facing new challenges and changes in direction; flexibility in embracing frequent change
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission-we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Company name: Robinhood
Remote job title: Legal Ops Specialist
Job tags: transaction fees, analytics, mobile