Legal Counsel, Commercial
Remote job description
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone-come make with us!
We're looking for an attorney with experience advising on commercial and technology matters to build out our vendor contracting function at Figma. As the inaugural lawyer dedicated to negotiating and managing our supplier contracts, you will be the face of legal to much of the organization. You'll be working in an exciting and constantly evolving environment while establishing relationships cross-functionally with our product, engineering, security, design, marketing, and people teams to close supplier contracts and establish processes to support scale.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you'll do at Figma:
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts with suppliers on diverse subject matter, partnering with relevant stakeholders
- Develop materials and conduct training sessions on legal forms, processes, and issues
- Collaborate to design, implement, and improve Figma's legal policies and procedures to manage legal and business risk
Some projects you could work on:
- Develop and provide company-wide trainings on vendor contracting processes
- Negotiate deals with Figma's key vendors
- Help drive supplier contracting strategy, including setting and implementing policies on negotiation thresholds and legal and business terms
- Develop playbooks, processes, and self-serve tools to help scale
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Have a J.D. and are licensed to practice law in at least one state
- Have experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating supplier agreements (technology-related agreements, SaaS vendor agreements, marketing agreements, event agreements, etc.)
- Are collaborative, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others
- Have a strong work ethic, and willingness to run with projects both large and small
- Are comfortable operating in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process-idea to design to build-and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace-we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Company name: Figma
Remote job title: Legal Counsel, Commercial
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, design, mobile, photos, software