Contracts Manager, Commercial
Remote job description
Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
We're looking to hire a Contracts Manager to join our expanding Legal team. Robinhood is seeking an experienced, business-minded and self-motivated candidate who can help us achieve our goals by managing high-volume commercial agreement negotiations and assisting in the day to day approval process for such agreements. The successful candidate will be an engaged and resourceful self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and excellent at building strong relationships.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Reviewing, drafting, negotiating, and managing NDAs
- Support commercial legal team in negotiating and managing commercial agreements
- Review and process contract changes requested by business or vendors
- Advising business clients on approval processes, company policies and procedures
- Work closely with Procurement to help manage Procurement contracts
- Ensuring proper internal approvals are received for contract deviations that arise during negotiation
- Ensuring contract terms and conditions are consistent with internal policies and goals
- Manage contracts queue and assignments
- Assist in managing contract management systems and repository
- Creating and improving agreement templates
- Assist in development of commercial legal playbooks and trainings
- Assist in contracts reporting
- Contributing to the improvement of the Legal department and help to provide quality legal services to the company
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5+ years of relevant professional legal experience, including prior in-house experience and in high-growth technology company (s)
- Experience in enterprise software and/or contract management and database systems
- Ironclad, Asana, Google Docs, and Box experience a plus
- Ability to work closely with attorneys and others on the team
- A collaborative approach and demonstrated ability to manage high-volume workloads, work well under pressure, cross-functionally, and independently and prioritize workload and competing priorities
- Knowledge of contract structure and ability to identify specific provisions
- Strong understanding of standard contract language and experience negotiating those terms
- Enjoys problem solving and developing new processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with a broad audience
- Efficient, effective and well organized
- Customer service oriented
- Respectful, open, and collaborative
- Paralegal or other professional certification a plus
- Organized self-starter with a focus on excellence and entrepreneurship
- Experience related to financial institutions and/or fin-tech companies is a plus
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission?"we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Company name: Robinhood
Remote job title: Contracts Manager, Commercial
Job tags: asana, Ironclad, databases