Commercial Legal Counsel
Remote job description
At Wiz, we move quickly. We've set the record for the fastest first year revenue growth of any tech startup, the fastest company to acquire more than 20% of the Fortune 500 as customers, and the fastest company to reach $1B (and then $6B) in valuation. Most importantly, we provide the fastest ROI of any security product - Wiz connects to the entire multi-cloud environment within 15 minutes and identifies the specific infiltration vectors that make clouds susceptible to a breach in under 24 hours so organizations of all sizes and industries can rapidly identify and remove the most critical risks in AWS, Azure, GCP, and Kubernetes. Join us as we help organizations create secure cloud environments that accelerate their businesses.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fun, supportive and high-functioning legal team near the start of our growth curve as we expand our legal team in the U.S. We are looking for a talented and creative attorney who is passionate about working on sophisticated contracts and closing deals, and comfortable in a collaborative environment that minimizes hierarchy. This job is for you if you thrive in a fast-paced environment where change is the status quo. You should be dedicated to providing outstanding legal service, coordinating and working closely with other teams to close contracts, paying close attention to detail, and bringing sound and balanced legal and business judgment and constructive people skills to everything you do. You should have a keen interest in learning about Wiz and what we do.
What You'll Do:
- Be a legal business partner to Wiz's global teams such as Sales, Procurement, and others, summarizing and communicating legal concepts and risks in a way that is meaningful for business teams
- Take ownership of the drafting, review, negotiation, and management of a wide range of legal agreements. Advise your fellow Wizards on contract interpretation and negotiation to accelerate contract velocity
- Seek to understand the context of the positions of Wiz's customers and the requests from Wiz's internal clients, and strive to solve problems and address issues from their perspective
- Triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate priorities with internal clients and delivering results efficiently
- Support the continuous improvement of agreement templates and legal processes, and work within CPQ and CLM platforms and associated practices and procedures
- Manage agreements that comply with company policies and risk tolerance
What You'll Bring:
- Transaction experience with an emphasis on commercial contracts, preferably in-house at technology companies (law firm experience will also be considered)
- Admitted to the bar and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law in at least one U.S. state, with a demonstrated record of success as a lawyer
- Strong "business-friendly" style that comes with an understanding that the legal team's primary purpose is to support the growth and success of the business
- Ability to structure, draft and negotiate a high volume and broad range of contracts, including SAAS contracts, professional services agreement, partner agreements and NDAs
- Generalist knowledge of data privacy and experienced handling and dealing with data privacy related questions when negotiating Data Processing Agreements
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to advocate for a position while maintaining a collaborative and open-minded approach
- Ability to work independently on a remote basis and as a member of a team
- Experience with Salesforce, Slack, DocuSign, and contract lifecycle management systems
If your experience is close but doesn't fulfill all requirements, please apply. Wiz is on a mission to build a special company. To achieve our goal, we are focused on hiring Wizards with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Wiz is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Company name: Wiz
Remote job title: Commercial Legal Counsel