Remote job description
Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Robinhood is looking for an AML Investigator to join the Financial Crimes Investigations team. The AML Investigator will be responsible for conducting investigations to identify potential money laundering, fraud, market manipulation or other related activities. The role will support the Financial Crimes Investigations team in managing risk to ensure we meet our regulatory requirements. The right candidate has prior AML investigations experience working with a broker-dealer or FinTech company, including drafting Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Identifying, researching and reporting potentially suspicious activity identified through our suspicious activity monitoring rules or other sources (e.g. referrals, external inquiries etc.)
- Analyzing customer transactional activity (e.g. trading, money movement etc.) and behavioral patterns to identify potentially suspicious activity
- Conducting research utilizing Robinhood systems and proprietary tools to identify relevant Know Your Customer (KYC) information
- Managing the investigative process from detection to decisioning
- Drafting SARs, where appropriate
- Supporting Managers and Team Leads with complex investigations through gathering data and/or documentation
- Assisting with training / job shadowing for new team members
Some things we consider critical for this role
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years working in AML investigations for a broker-dealer or FinTech
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering regulations and applicable rules (i.e. BSA, FinCEN, NYDFS)
- Proven ability to interpret complex information and extract facts objectively
- Strong ability to analyze transactional activity to identify red flags
- Experience drafting SARs
- Investigative mindset and analytical ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to a changing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Resourceful, persistent and ability to thrive in fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Ability to learn new tools quickly
- Passion for AML investigations
- FINRA Series 7 & 24
- Experience with Actimize and Nasdaq SMARTS Trade Surveillance system
- Experience with blockchain analytics software (e.g. Chainalysis, Elliptic, CipherTrace)
- ACAMs Certified
Colorado Residents Only: In accordance with Colorado state law, Robinhood provides an estimate of the pay range associated with this role. In Colorado, the target salary for this position is $69,000 to $81,000. Pay is based on several factors, including but not limited to education, work experience and certifications. Successful candidates for this role are eligible to participate in Robinhood's equity plan.
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission?"we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Company name: Robinhood
Remote job title: AML Investigator
Job tags: Financial technology, AML