Senior Compensation Analyst
Remote job description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There's no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work?"whether it's from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop?"while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are currently seeking a Senior Compensation Analyst to support our compensation programs and practices as we rapidly scale and grow. This role will be a member of the Total Rewards team at Instacart, made up of compensation and benefits professionals working to ensure that our reward programs attract, retain and equitably reward our people.
This role will report to our Director, Compensation, will have the opportunity to work across all aspects of compensation programs, and work closely with a team of compensation professionals, HR business partners, and leaders. This person will have a unique opportunity to inform and shape our compensation practices through market data analysis, modeling, and process and tool development.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Analyze HR data related to compensation, rewards, attrition, cost, promotion rates, engagement, and performance
- Work with the HR Tech/Operations teams to update our systems with current data and compensation changes; audit Workday positions, compensation, and related workforce data on a recurring basis
- Partner with compensation team members on the benchmarking and market research process; participate in compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive salary information to determine company's competitive position; evaluate and perform analysis on pay market positioning, salary structures, and pay mixes to ensure market competitiveness to support overall compensation strategy
- Support our executive and broad-based compensation benchmarking efforts
- Develop compensation reports and tools to inform compensation program decisions, and to forecast and analyze compensation outcomes
- Partner with HRBPs and Recruiters to advise on, review, and approve new hire offers
- Support the annual performance review and compensation cycles through Workday requirements definition, data analysis, reporting, troubleshooting, and the development of communications
- Produce ad hoc analyses and work on special initiatives related to Total Rewards
- 3 or more years of experience in compensation in a professional environment; in-house compensation or consulting experience preferred
- A background in Compensation, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, or Economics
- Experience building compensation systems, working with market data, and scaling processes with company growth
- Excel/Google Sheets and Workday skills are required to analyze data and create insightful models and reports
- An interest in helping to scale compensation programs and practices in a rapidly changing environment
- A generalist that would like to use your analytical skills to support and learn about all areas of compensation
- Ideal candidate is a self-starter who can manage projects independently, but also likes working with a tight-knit and supportive team
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees with a positive roll-up your sleeves attitude
- Thrives in a dynamic working environment with changing work priorities
- Experience using and submitting market data from Radford and/or Mercer
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Company name: Instacart
Remote job title: Senior Compensation Analyst
Job tags: Workday, Market Data, Roll-ups