Remote job description
About the Role:
As the Director of People, you will lead daily functions of the HR/People Services and Recruiting departments. You will manage a team of 2 recruiters and an HR consultancy to hire high quality talent and enhance the employee lifecycle. Success in this role means implementing a people strategy that aligns with Papaya's resourceful and impact-driven culture. Responsibilities will include but not limited to: onboarding and offboarding employees, benefits administration, payroll support, leave management, and creating company policies and best practices.
Teamwork, flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we'd love to hear from you!
What you would be doing:
- HR/People Services Program Management: administer, maintain, and optimize People Services programs including but not limited to: new hire onboarding, offboarding, compensation, performance management, compliance, and employee engagement.
- HRIS Management: own day-to-day operations of Papaya's HRIS system (Rippling). Partner with our HR consultancy to manage employee files, systems, verifications, benefits, policies, and documentation.
- Designing Employee Lifecycle: develop and improve the employee lifecycle from hire to exit, with a focus on retaining top talent. Ensure each touch point drives our culture, emphasizing psychological safety and Papaya's values.
- Policy Creation: partner with the Executive Team to revise and implement the organization's personnel policies and programs. Research and analyze trends in the market to ensure these HR solutions align with Papaya's current and future needs, and are easily understood by employees.
- Employee Relations: serve as the main point of contact for HR escalations, resolutions, and reporting. Lead with confidentiality, trust, compliance, and empathy.
We'd like to hear from candidates with:
- 5+ years of human resources experience at a high-growth company or tech startup
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal, negotiation, conflict resolution expertise
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR highly desired
Papaya started in 2016 with a goal to alleviate the stress of paying bills. We've adopted our phones for everything else, why not eliminate the need for calls, mailing checks, and tedious web forms? We are expanding mobile share of the $4T US consumer bill space, and are one of the fastest growing startups in Los Angeles.
The key to our success? Our people. From engineering, sales, to operations, Papaya's team is comprised of some of the most intelligent, humble, diverse, and resourceful people you'll ever meet. With the help of successful investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank; Papaya is building something special. Our impact-driven team receives competitive salary, benefits, equity, and agency.
We love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We're proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA's Best Small Companies to Work for in 2020! Learn more and come join us. Find out what the next step in your career could look like here at Papaya.
Company name: Papaya
Remote job title: Director, People
Job tags: SHRM, Human Resources, Organization Skills