Tax Operations Associate
Remote job description
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT - payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more - in one unified workforce platform.By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees' payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps - like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365 - all within 90 seconds.Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors - including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks - and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About The Role
Tax Operations aims to provide the best customer service while resolving the most pressing payroll tax notices that a client could receive. This is their "fire" and we are on the front line making sure we resolve these incidents with the best care we can provide.As Tax Operations Associate at Rippling you will be a scrappy problem solver. You will help identify what triggered these tax notices through researching our internal systems and working closely with tax agencies to reach the best outcome for our customers.Additionally, these notices present an opportunity to identify gaps within our system to resolve. You will have opportunities to identify these gaps and work cross functionally with our Payroll Filings Engineering team to identify the best resolution to prevent similar cases in the future.This is an amazing opportunity to get in at the ground level and really focus on our clients while being a primary voice in growing a department.
What You'll Do:
- Provide first class service to our clients.
- Resolve notices for our clients.
- Work with Federal/State agencies on behalf of our clients.
- Identifying and reporting System and/or process gaps that will result in a decrease of notices.
- Work cross functionally with Payroll Engineering.
- Updating internal systems
- Payroll Compliance
- Documenting process and team building
- 1-2 years of experience working cross functionally with federal, state, and local tax agencies to resolve notices
- Experience with manually creating original and amended tax returns
- Experience with tax reconciliation
- Understanding of payroll tax payments and monthly/quarterly/annual filings
- Experience with tax agency correspondence via phone and email
- Great at problem-solving with a keen eye for details
- Impeccably organized and able to improve processes
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility with changing job duties and responsibilities
- Excellent at time management and prioritizing tasks
Company name: Rippling
Remote job title: Tax Operations Associate
Job tags: State & Local, Communication Skills, Onboarding