Remote job description
Grafana is looking for a proactive, high performing Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting to join our growing accounting organization! Reporting to our Director of Revenue Accounting, this is an opportunity to join a fast growing startup and play a driving role in our accounting and financial operations.
You will join a dynamic and highly collaborative accounting organization and play a critical role in overseeing the revenue accounting function, strategizing and implementing process improvements, and scaling the accounting close process.
- Lead the month-end close process for your assigned revenue and related areas to ensure they are recorded timely and properly in accordance with US GAAP and internal policies
- Review journal entries, account fluctuations, account reconciliations and other analysis as needed.
- Ensure revenue for all customer contracts are accurately recorded in accordance with ASC 606 including adjustments for nonstandard contract terms
- Responsible for assessing, documenting and defending the company's revenue recognition policies and positions including for any nonstandard contracts
- Work closely with billing operation teams to troubleshoot and resolve any issues related to month end reporting
- Design, implement, document and monitor processes and internal controls related to the order-to-cash cycle for revenue recognition and related processes.
- Continuously improve and refine processes and procedures that can scale effectively as we grow to increase efficiency and quality of the team's deliverables
- Collaborate with the IT and Business Application teams to enhance system processes and controls. Ensure continuous improvement for our accounting systems environment.
- Serve as the business lead for revenue, technology updates and implementations
- Support the external annual audit by timely submission of PBC schedules and responses to inquiries
- Support cross-functional efforts and build relationships with other teams including Accounting, FP&A, Customer Success, Corporate Development, Deal Desk, and Legal.
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects in Accounting/Finance as requested.
- CPA designation and Strong Understanding of GAAP Accounting
- Deep knowledge of revenue (ASC 606) and other general accounting concepts. Ability to discuss these topics with non-finance stakeholders.
- 7+ years of related experience, including experience with ASC 606
- 2+ years of experience leading and managing teams
- Team player, confident, good judgment, self motivated and with ability to manage priorities and execute in a fast paced environment, across all levels of management, business functions and geographies.
- Analytical problem-solving skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as eagerness to learn and take on challenges in a rapidly growing and dynamic environment
- Proficient in working with Salesforce, Netsuite preferred
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office Software, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint; and independently take ownership to manage assigned projects
In the United States, the base compensation range for this role is $148,000 - $185,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable), and other benefits listed on our careers page.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer: At Grafana Labs we're building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we're working hard to make sure that's the foundation of our organisation as we grow.
Company name: Grafana Labs
Remote job title: Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting
Job tags: GAAP, NetSuite, finance
location or timezone
yearly salary range$148,000 - 185,000
posted51 days ago