Senior Manager of Payroll
Remote job description
Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We're seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
This role is eligible for remote work in limited geographies within the U.S. Check with your recruiter for more information.
As the Sr. Manager, Payroll, you will manage all aspects of payroll for over 2,400+ employees. You will have the chance to serve as a key contributor on a strong team and to drive improvement of both the operational and technical payroll processes. The successful candidate will be someone who has contributed directly to the success and growth of the Payroll function in previous work experience and can bring their expertise and knowledge to Robinhood. This position will report to the Director, Payroll and Stock Administration and work closely with our People team as well as the Accounting team.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Oversee the payroll processing for multi-state domestic and international exempt and nonexempt employees, including bi-weekly payroll and monthly or ad-hoc employee equity settlements
- Responsible for leading, training, and mentoring the Payroll team
- Review month-end journal entries and reconciliations for payroll related accounts and participate in our month end close process
- Partner with the People Team, Corporate Tax, Accounting, Finance and others to develop payroll best practices, guidelines and procedures and ensure proper flow of employee data and reporting
- Research, resolve and respond to payroll inquiries from employees
- Own and drive-to-completion payroll-related audits
- Develop, implement and maintain key policies and procedures for global payroll, including documentation of internal control procedures, identification of inefficiencies/gaps and implementation of process improvements
- Ensure tax reporting compliance, SOX and business controls are met each pay period
- Collaborate with various organizations within the Company to support the payroll process and to drive efficiencies and accuracy
- Manage existing vendor relationships with all key payroll related vendors. Lead planning for contract renewals, including vendor evaluation & providing recommendations.
- A desire to build and manage a world class global payroll function
- 8+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in the public space, with 3 years of people management experience
- Expert working knowledge of Workday HRIS
- The ability to collaborate cross-functionally and build relationships in a team environment
- Experience with automating and streamlining processes
- Basic understanding of accounting for payroll related activities
- Strong leadership skills to support the needs of the business and the payroll team
- Willingness to roll-up your sleeves and jump in to make sure all deadlines are met
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and able to prioritize tasks and shift gears on a short notice
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and are able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships, and to deal tactfully and courteously when explaining the functions and policies in the Payroll department
- Integrity and maintain the confidential nature of the information by protecting the privacy of our employees and their records
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and are detailed oriented
- Knowledge in labor and payroll tax laws and regulations
- Fluency in MSOffice (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and GSuite (Google Docs, Gmail)
- Knowledge and experience with stock options and restricted share units (RSUs), including taxation of mobile employeesb n,
- Experience in a fast-paced international company
- You are bright, kind and goal-oriented
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission - we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood's Benefits.
Company name: Robinhood
Remote job title: Senior Manager of Payroll
Job tags: transaction fees, analytics, mobile
location or timezone
posted71 days ago