Senior Manager, Global Billing Operations
Remote job description
Grafana is looking for a driven, high performance Senior Manager, Global Billing Operations to lead the order to cash operational processes. Reporting to our Senior Director, Accounting, this is an opportunity to join a fast growing startup and play a driving role in our accounting and financial operations.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing a high growth AR function and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. The individual will be a proven people manager who loves to scale organizations.
- Manage our worldwide order to cash process from start (deal close) to finish (collections)
- Lead, develop, and grow our order to cash team of 4
- Administer the Accounts Receivable subledger within Netsuite in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Accountable for general ledger completeness & accuracy for all receivable accounts
- Ensure accuracy of P&L by approving referral fees
- Account for and forecast cash collections
- Drive operational efficiencies by automating our processes
- Work cross functionally to lead process improvements
- Lead a collections motion that ensures we're exceeding customer expectations while meeting our cash forecasts
- Generate timely invoices in accordance with signed order forms
- Oversee daily collections effort including enhancing our collections and communication policy
- Proactively drive the billing process for the team and prepare analysis as required
- Assist in analyzing and reconciling customer accounts
- Own billing inbox, ensuring timely processing and responses to internal and external inquiries
- Implement and document processes and procedures as business needs evolve
- Responsible for all receivable related accounts for quarterly and annual audit requirements
- Support cross-functional efforts and build relationships with other teams including Accounting, FP&A, Customer Success, Deal Desk, and Legal
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects in Accounting/Finance as requested
- BS or AA Degree in Accounting or related field
- Proficient in working with Salesforce
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office Software, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint; and independently take ownership to manage assigned projects
- Analytical problem-solving skills and a keen eye for detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills and customer service skills is required, as well as eagerness to learn and take on challenges in a rapidly growing and dynamic environment
- Team player and effective communicator with all levels of management and organizations.
- Proactive, self motivated with the ability to manage priorities and execute in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
Equal Opportunity Employer: At Grafana Labs we're building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we're working hard to make sure that's the foundation of our organisation as we grow.
Company name: Grafana Labs
Remote job title: Senior Manager, Global Billing Operations
Job tags: Attention to Detail, Salesforce, Written Communication Skills