Senior Cost Accountant
Remote job description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There's no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work -whether it's from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop - while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are looking for a Senior Cost Accountant to join our growing accounting department. The primary responsibility of the senior accountant will be to assist with the implementation and maintenance of the Oracle Cloud Inventory module to support growth of the Company's new product lines. The senior accountant will also perform other GL accounting functions as assigned. Our ideal candidate should possess excellent analytical skills, and have comfort with the different inventory valuation methods, BOM's, inventory reserves, COGS, warranties, and other similar analyses. The senior accountant will also ensure that SOX controls and reporting requirements of the Company are properly executed.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Maintain cost accounting calculations and processes
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure accuracy in inventory balances and COGS, and to resolve inventory discrepancies
- Perform standard cost review quarterly and work closely with the Operations team to review changes and impacts
- Perform reconciliations between 3PL, vendor shipments, and analyze goods in transit
- Provide support in the Inventory management system implementation, testing, and process design
- Assist in developing and maintaining cost accounting systems, policies, and procedures
- Prepare monthly preparation of journal entries and account reconciliation of all assigned areas during month-end close
- Responsible for reviewing financial statements for all assigned areas; this review includes providing fluctuation analysis and presenting to senior management
- Analyze and report on product costs, cost of goods sold, margins, and profitability
- Assist FP&A team with preparation of financial reports to be presented to senior management
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand process issues; recommend and implement process improvements to ensure accurate inventory valuation and management
- Lead quarter and year end audits and reviews to ensure compliance with accounting standards and internal controls; Oversee cycle count process
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting
- CPA designation preferred
- 5+ years of experience in accounting
- 3+ years of experience in cost accounting and supply chain management, preferably in the manufacturing industry
- Strong understanding of ERP systems, R&D, manufacturing, and inventory management
- Possess good problem-solving abilities, with lots of initiative and drive, a strong sense of internal control and a keen eye for details and process improvements
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Oracle Cloud ERP and other financial software
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
OR, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, RI, VT, DC, PA, VA, CO, TX, IL, HI
All other states
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Company name: Instacart
Remote job title: Senior Cost Accountant
Job tags: accessibility, Grant Writing, Equity