Remote job description
Remote is solving global remote organizations' biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you're interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
- Responsibility for posting and reviewing transactions in SAP
- Close & reconcile subledgers: AP, AR, Fixed Assets, Bank, Intercompany
- Record and reconcile payroll for various countries
- Implement and maintain strong control environment
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Performing monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analyses
- Ensuring that your portfolio follows local statutory requirements, i.e. VAT returns, Statutory Financial Documents, CT returns and all other filings are finished and filed in accordance with local legislation & timelines.
- Partnering and liaising with local financial advisors to ensure efficient information flows to ensure local accounts are accurate.
- Perform analysis and contribute to other projects as requested
- Involved in statutory close and Financial Statement preparation
- Provide support to 3rd Party accounting provider
What you bring
- 3+ years post qualification accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Demonstrated experience using core finance systems (SAP or similar is a bonus)
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience liaising with and collaborating with external auditors - at both group and local levels.
- Excellent time management and ability to meet constant deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- You'll report to: one of our Sr Accounting Managers
- Team: Accounting
- Location: Remote - Europe
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
Our benefits & perks are explained in our public handbook at remote.com/benefits.
How you'll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future managers
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Interview with Senior Director for Finance, Tax & Accounting
- Prior employment verification check(s)
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
If you don't have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
Need help? Email email@example.com
Company name: Remote
Remote job title: Senior Accountant