Remote job description
Founded in 2017, Coalition is on a mission to solve cyber risk and create a safer digital economy where everyone can thrive. Digital risk is now a part of every business and it's no longer solely the domain of technical teams. That's why we combined comprehensive insurance with proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations stay resilient to digital risks like cyber attacks, funds transfer fraud and much more.
Our team works collaboratively across North America and Europe to prevent security failures and provide both technical and financial help when incidents do occur. Today, Coalition is the world's largest commercial insurtech serving over 130,000 customers including many small businesses that rely on Coalition to help them chart a path forward in the new digital world.
As of September 2021, Coalition has raised $520 million from leading global technology investors as well as highly-regarded institutional investors including: Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Valor Ventures, Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price Advisors, and Whale Rock Capital, valuing the company at more than $3.5 billion.
Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by helping organizations of all sizes solve real-world problems and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, authenticity and diversity. That's why we are proud to be named one of Inc's Best Places to Work in 2021.
About the role
Risk Engineering at Coalition is about finding ways to help our clients solve cyber risk. We are looking for an experienced cyber and technology E&O underwriter to work remotely to help us use Coalition's best ideas and unique capabilities to profitably grow our business.
This is a fully remote position that can be based anywhere in the Central or Eastern US.
- Analytically research policyholders and risks as needed
- Eloquently manage relationships with insurance brokers to negotiate pricing, coverages and other terms
- Create new and maintain current processes for renewal business to meet our customer service standards
- Actively participate in determining our approach to emerging threats, loss trends, marketplace changes and other trends in cyber and technology risks
- Keep an avid pulse on cyber and technology marketplaces and trends in the industry
- Easily identify areas where our unique capabilities provide us with a competitive advantage and build out processes that support these
- Partner with Customer Success and Engineering teams to continually improve our technology and broker experiences
- Work alongside the Business Development team to support their goals and strengthen partnerships with brokers
- Collaborate with Security Engineers to review cyber and tech E&O accounts for risk acceptability
- Serve as a subject matter expert for team on coverage matter and endorsement drafting
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience underwriting cyber and technology E&O
- Experience handling a high volume of business
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
- Existing relationships with potential broker partners
- Technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Company name: Coalition
Remote job title: Risk Engineer