Remote job description
As a financial technology service/company moving billions of GBP of customer money in over 70 countries, TransferWise must have bulletproof financials. We need timely, accurate and scalable financial data to be compliant with regulations and make accurate business decisions inside the company.
As we continue to grow at break-neck speed, our Accounting team based in Tallinn is looking for a new team member to come on board as Payments Specialist. This is an awesome opportunity for someone who is passionate about numbers, enjoys taking ownership of their tasks and wants to work in a fast-growing, international and fun environment.
- Prepare, approve and release payments of vendor invoices according to agreed standards and processes
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with payments processing
- Prepare bank account reconciliations
- Assist in providing supporting documentation for internal and external audits
- Contribute to the overall improvement to our payment processes
A bit about you:
Here's what we think you'll need to be successful and happy in this job:
- Not afraid of making decisions, can work autonomously and take initiative
- Experience in processing international payments
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Cooperative attitude and ability to manage deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Understanding of the core accounting principles, preferably a qualification in accounting would be a benefit
At TransferWise, you'll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You'll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you're keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren't afraid of a bold plan, you'll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You'll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
We're people without borders - without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you're passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you'll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you've got great experience, the right skills for the role and you're great at articulating your thinking, we'd like to hear from you.
Company name: Wise
Remote job title: Payments Specialist
Job tags: marketplace, fintech, forex, sharing economy