Financial Analyst, Business Partner
Remote job description
Who We Are
At Justworks, you'll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We're helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We're data-driven and never stop iterating. If you'd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we'd love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- Our Values
- If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in.
Who You Are
You pride yourself on analytical prowess and numeric fluency. You're confident in your ability to own financial decisions informed by your data-gathering skills. You're eager to immerse yourself in the nitty gritty details of a rapidly growing organization.
As a Financial Analyst, Business Partner, you will provide financial support to our business units. This position will focus on operating as a collaborative business partner building and leveraging cross-functional relationships, providing insight to business areas, challenging their thinking, helping them make more informed decisions and aligning spend to business strategic priorities. You will also participate in building Justworks' annual budget and performing budget vs. actual analyses on a regular basis.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Facilitate and manage connections between Finance and the business areas
- Develop relationships and consult with business leaders to understand their business environment
- Provide end-to-end financial support to internal business partners throughout Justworks; manage annual budgets, periodic forecasts, and business development plans for business areas
- Collaborate with the Corporate Finance team.
- Support the monthly accounting close process with detailed monthly financial analyses
- Provide financial modeling and analysis for various ad-hoc financial projects
- Act as a sounding board for proposed projects and initiatives
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Financial Analyst, Business Partner how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Analytical - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Organizational awareness - maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Business insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You're an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You're curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You're committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You're honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler."
- Minimum of 2 years of financial planning & analysis, business operations, management consulting or investment banking experience
- Strong financial modeling skills
- SaaS company experience is a plus
- Ability to quickly grasp finance and operations practices and business drivers
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly and often
- Impeccable organizational skills, with the ability to self-motivate and successfully work on multiple projects
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Must maintain a positive attitude and willingness to learn and constantly improve
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience with Adaptive Insights is ideal (FP&A software)
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Company name: Justworks
Remote job title: Financial Analyst, Business Partner
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, business services, hr, smb