Remote job description
As Wise continues to grow, we need to grow our finance capabilities to:
- Help pilot the rocket ship. Controller capabilities are essential to steer the ship in the right direction, ensuring we comply with accounting, audit, regulatory and tax requirements.
- Work with Regional Controllers, Group accounting, Tax Team to ensure financial compliance, including controlling, local audits, handle outsource firms and review tax returns.
- Help the Regional Finance team in performing day-to-day overview of legal entities, including analysing financial results, preparing and reviewing regulatory reporting, making sure necessary financial controls are performed
- Work with finance teams, especially Finance Product team (software engineers) to ensure systems, controls and processes are prepared for regional requirements.
A bit about you
- Relevant experience in either financial controlling, financial audit, or management accounting.
- Knowledge of IFRS and understanding of accounting principles.
- You are a self starter and can organise your own work (you'll get a lot of support but soon you'll be the expert here)
- Assessing and concluding on complex accounting matters.
- You are accurate and detail oriented, great at finishing detailed jobs
- You can take responsibility and make decisions independently, great at organising your own work schedule with little or no guidance
- Able to communicate complex issues to all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Have an ability to move beyond Excel and dig into raw data
- You get finance and accounting terminology and have ability to understand importance of tax and regulatory rules & frameworks
Who are you?
- You have a passion for what we're building at Wise and you will work on any financial requirements
- You are humble, comfortable operating with a high level of uncertainty, can act independently, be decisive and take responsibility
- You are open to self-development, willing to gain experience, improve your skills and keen to learn new tricks
- You are detail oriented, with ability to deliver and communicate complex areas on time and succinctly
- You are able to work with multiple teams within and outside of finance as well as internationally on projects or ad hoc requests as required, with flexibility and a can do attitude.
- You feel passionate implementing your skills and knowledge in creation and improvement of controls framework and internal processes
Nice to have:
- Working in Financial Services / Fintech Industry
- Working in a regulated environment
- We're people without borders - and without prejudice too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you're passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you'll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren't that important to us. If you've got great experience, and you're great at articulating your thinking, we'd like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we'd especially love to hear from you if you're from an under-represented demographic.
Company name: Wise
Remote job title: Finance Manager
Job tags: marketplace, fintech, forex, sharing economy