Remote job description
We're looking for an Accountant to assist with our daily and monthly tasks as well as any ad hoc projects taking place. In this role, you will work closely with the GL accounting team that operates in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You will have the opportunity to be part of the exciting growth that Grafana is experiencing, while further developing your accounting skills and growing your career. A successful candidate should be able to work well within a team, be eager to learn, and be able to work independently once given direction.
This position will report to our Accounting Manager and has the opportunity to work remotely. We're looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you'll do:
- Code, review and submit banking activity journal entries for multiple accounts weekly
- Code, review and submit high volume credit card transactions weekly
- Create and submit month-end journal entries as assigned
- Complete multiple balance sheet reconciliations at month-end
- Perform calculations, formulas, and functions such as VLOOKUP, filters, data validation, conditional formatting, and pivot tables in Microsoft Excel within various processes
- Create and update process documentation
- Proactively seek ways to optimize existing accounting and business processes through use of automation, thoughtful analysis, and researching best practices in the industry
- Assist in responding to staff inquiries
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects in Accounting/Finance as requested
What we're looking for:
- 2-5 years of Accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting, CPA or CPA Candidate preferred (not required)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (i.e., pivot tables, data analysis, and formula creation)
- System knowledge of NetSuite preferred
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer: At Grafana Labs we're building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we're working hard to make sure that's the foundation of our organisation as we grow.
Company name: Grafana Labs
Remote job title: Accountant
Job tags: CPA, analytics, NetSuite