Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Source Coders Inc
Remote job description
Location: Fully remote anywhere in the US or Canada
Title: Senior Site Reliability Engineer (DevTools)
Total Comp: $170k - $250k (highly dependent on seniority & work location) + sign-on bonus + 401k match (4.5%) + 22 days PTO + extensive health care coverage
The Meraki cloud supports millions of customer devices from 8 data centers around the world. Meraki's customer base has grown by a factor of 2-3 every year, serving billions of HTTP requests per day globally. Our customers depend on our products to run their critical infrastructure of network switches, security appliances, wireless APs and security cameras.
As SREs at Meraki, we are responsible for building and growing the cloud that supports these customers and their networks. As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer on the Observability team you will lead the design, development and operation of large-scale, secure observability systems that make sure our services stay online and performant. We're a team of passionate software engineers that value quality and customer experience. Our team is based in the US and EMEA, and we embrace hybrid and remote work.
EXAMPLES OF PROJECTS OUR TEAM WORKS ON:
- Design, deploy and scale our Prometheus architecture to handle 100+ million active series and beyond.
- Deploy and operate large, high-performance ElasticSearch clusters holding 10-2000+TB of data.
- Deploy and grow high-throughput data pipelines built on Kafka, handling hundreds of thousands of events per second.
- Design and build an alerting system that allows engineering teams to construct alerts from multiple data sources and alerting workflows.
- Write libraries and APIs that give engineers self-service access to our monitoring, logging, and other observability systems.
- Use Terraform to deploy public and private cloud infrastructure.
YOU ARE AN IDEAL CANDIDATE IF YOU:
- Have 5+ years of experience designing, deploying and operating mid to large-size distributed systems on VMs or bare metal machines running Linux (we run Debian and Ubuntu).
- Have 2+ years of experience developing with languages like Ruby, Python, Go, Scala, or Bash.
- Are excited by the challenge of solving difficult problems in large distributed systems that deal with huge amounts of data.
- Want to work on a highly autonomous team that cares deeply about quality and customer experience.
- Are curious, learn fast and feel comfortable diving into unfamiliar code and systems to solve problems.
- Understand the value of observability and can work with other teams to help them better monitor their services.
- Are willing to be part of a production on-call rotation.
- Have direct experience with the following technologies (or similar): Elasticsearch Logstash Kibana (ELK) stack, Kafka, Prometheus/Thanos/Cortex, Graphite, Ansible, Terraform, Consul.
Company name: Source Coders Inc
Remote job title: Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Observability) - Cisco Meraki at Source Coders Inc (allows remote)
Job tags: elasticsearch, prometheus, kafka, ruby on rails, python