Security Engineer Product & Production Infrastructure
Remote job description
At Wiz, we move quickly. We've set the record for the fastest first year revenue growth of any tech startup, the fastest company to acquire more than 25% of the Fortune 500 as customers, the fastest company to reach $1B (and then $6B) in valuation, and now the fastest-growing software company ever by going from $1M to $100M in ARR in just 18 months. Most importantly, we provide the fastest ROI of any security product ?" Wiz connects to the entire multi-cloud environment within 15 minutes and identifies the specific infiltration vectors that make clouds susceptible to a breach in under 24 hours so organizations of all sizes and industries can rapidly identify and remove the most critical risks in AWS, Azure, GCP, and Kubernetes. Join us as we help organizations create secure cloud environments that accelerate their businesses.
SUMMARYWiz is looking for a Product Security Engineer with deep experience in cloud-based applications and infrastructure. Our team's goal is to ensure Wiz is our customers' most trustworthy technology. To do so, we partner across engineering and operational teams to design and build systems that are secure-by-design.
In this role, you'll collaborate with our software development and DevOps teams to secure Wiz's products, CI/CD infrastructure, and production infrastructure. You'll also get the opportunity to influence our product roadmap by utilizing Wiz-for-Wiz to assess, monitor, and harden our environments.
This role encompasses multiple open positions for candidates with cloud-focused experience in areas like threat modeling and security reviews, detection engineering, incident response, and vulnerability management.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Plan detection use cases and delivering detection capabilities to identify attack tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Play a key role in the security incident response process
- Develop, promote, and monitor the adoption of sound cloud security practices
- Take ownership of vulnerability management and patching policies
- Identify and help mitigating security issues, misconfigurations, and vulnerabilities related to the Wiz cloud, container, and Kubernetes infrastructure
- Collaborate with engineering, DevOps, and IT teams to ensure security is at the heart of what we do
- Lead threat modeling exercises around cloud-native, SaaS, and cloud-first technologies
- Mentor and provide technical leadership to other members of the Security team
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- 5+ years of experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Foundational security engineering experience in AWS, GCP, or Azure; ideally including working with container and Kubernetes-based infrastructure
- Leading security operations functions ?" including vulnerability management, detection engineering, and incident response ?" in CI/CD and cloud-native production environments
- Building and executing threat modeling, security design review, and implementation review programs for complex, multi-tenant systems hosted in cloud environments
- Development experience in Go and Python
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field and / or candidates with equivalent job experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience working with remote, globally distributed teams
- Experience working in organizations that develop software and / or operate managed infrastructure and technology services for their own customers
If your experience is close but doesn't fulfill all requirements, please apply. Wiz is on a mission to build a special company. To achieve our goal, we are focused on hiring Wizards with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Wiz is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Company name: Wiz
Remote job title: Security Engineer Product & Production Infrastructure
Job tags: Python, infrastructure