Numbrs is a cutting edge technology company developing a smart personal finance application available for iOS and Android. Numbrs is one of the most used finance apps in Germany and was recently launched in the UK. Thanks to artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), we are able to offer intelligent and breakthrough features that allow our users to manage their finances easier, faster and smarter.
We are building a remote team of multidisciplinary experts that are passionate about making a world-changing impact. We've built a hardworking and engaging remote culture that combines the best of scientific cutting edge technology with a product-focused environment, offering an ambitious balance of structure and flexibility.
We are seeking an experienced, dedicated, and well-organized Security Engineer to join our remote engineering team. This position will require someone who is adaptable in a changing environment and who is passionate about delivering high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
You are responsible for planning, developing, and monitoring all information security aspects of the organisation and our large scale micro-service based distributed systems. From establishing security policies, implementing active defence-in-depth strategies, to conducting reviews of software and infrastructure, you are leading a security-first organisation without compromise. You enjoy learning new things and keep yourself up to date on the latest security threats and defences. You are a great teammate who thrives in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering problems as much as solving them.
- You can thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and a talent for delivering out-of-the-box ideas are essential
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a solution that works every time.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- a Bachelor's or higher degree in a technical field of study or equivalent work experience
- a minimum of 3 years of security work experience
- experience in establishing organisation-wide security policies and procedures in a regulated environment
- experience in penetration testing web-based apps, mobile apps and backend infrastructure
- experience implementing modern cryptosystems and securing sensitive data in motion and at rest
- experience in security auditing of back-end distributed systems and infrastructure
- good knowledge of at least one modern programming language, such as Go, Java, C++, or Python
- hands-on experience with performing code and design reviews
- excellent troubleshooting and creative problem-solving abilities
- excellent interpersonal skills, English in written and oral communication
- experience with the management of personal data according to the GDPR
- hands-on experience in securing and monitoring Amazon Web Services infrastructure
- good understanding of modern authorisation protocols like OAuth2 and OpenID Connect
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Fully remote company, at which every person is free to live and work wherever they want
- Flexible time off 25+ holiday days
Tags: aws, oauth, openid, java, backend