Product Security Engineer
Remote job description
We believe the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We're dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and infrastructure developers need to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid's network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
The mission of Plaid's Product Security Team is "Improve customer trust by assuring secure development and delivery of our products and services, identification and mitigation of the security risks, and constantly improving product security process and policies."We achieve this by implementing controls that ensure security in the CI/CD pipeline ensuring security measures are available by default, measuring effectiveness and adjusting controls. We also do Security Reviews, Threat Modeling, build Secure Architecture and reduce risk to the platform.
As a Security Engineer on the Product Security team, you will work with the Engineering team to build Secure Products, ensuring security controls are available by default and educating stakeholders on best practices and standards. You will also detect vulnerabilities and triage them with appropriate owners, use vulnerability remediation tools and practices, and follow compliance standards and frameworks. Major projects may include building/installing application security testing tooling, refining vulnerability management, runtime protection, and coordinating with other Security and Engineering teams to standardize Security policies and standards.
We're guided by our principles including impact, growing together, embracing openness and positivity, inventing tomorrow; we're looking for leaders who are motivated by those same principles.
What excites you
- Secure Architecture and Coding practices, that may include design reviews, threat modeling, code auditing, and security assessments on Products/Application developed in-house or externally.
- Use AST tools to identify security vulnerabilities and remediate them early in the Development Lifecycle.
- Build automation for detecting and responding to security vulnerabilities in CI/CD pipeline.
- Expertise in security engineering, system or network security, security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Passion to advocate and implement Secure SDLC.
- Conduct Application penetration testing using tools such as: Metasploit, Kali Linux, Burp Suite, etc.
- Identifying product coding/configuration flaws, and how attackers might exploit them.
- Evaluate technologies for improving security defenses.
- Communication in a friendly, supportive manner with software engineers or other stakeholders, helping to not only identify security issues, but also a mentor and advocate on solutions.
What excites us
- Background working in Product Security/Application Security team, protecting scalable enterprise/cloud applications.
- History of implementing Product security best practices across SaaS services and applications.
- Familiarity with working on security incidents/events and to investigate, remediate and respond to potential threats.
- Run PoC's for potential new security controls/tools and determine their effectiveness.
- Experience working on crypto primitives, authentication protocols, and authorization standards (Eg: SSL/TLS, SAML, OAuth, JWT tokens), and implementations within most major cloud providers, preferably AWS.
- Experience with containers (Docker) and Container Orchestration Systems (Kubernetes/ECS), and specifically container security.
- Experience working with IT/Technical teams to roll out security controls across the Enterprise.
- Familiarity with security frameworks and risk-based security programs.
- Experience using scripting to improve security controls and investigations.
- Experience with the risks associated with financial technology companies.
- Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
Company name: Plaid
Remote job title: Product Security Engineer