Remote job description
Would you like to work on the forefront of digital innovation and rethink hardware subscriptions? Would you like to help SMBs to run more efficiently? Would you like to join a fast growing Berlin-based FinTech and work with some of the most passionate people in the FinTech world? Welcome to topi ?.
topi is creating the tech infrastructure that will allow any retailer or manufacturer to offer their products as a hardware subscription to business customers. We have raised $50m in funding since fall 2021 by Index Ventures (invested in Robinhood, Slack, Figma, Notion and many more), CREANDUM (invested in Spotify, Klarna, Trade Republic, and many more) and TriplePoint Capital. Sounds interesting? Read more here TechCrunch article.
You will be leading on taking our platform into its next iteration. We have some great starting blocks built on Google Cloud with continuous deployment but to scale and bring joy to our engineers and end users alike we will need to iterate on it. This is a high-impact role with much scope for innovation and infrastructural design. It will involve laying the blueprint for operational stability, support, resiliency, scalability and use-ability.
You will feel right at home if you like:
- Building resilient, highly available, scalable, and self-healing cloud-native infrastructure
- Bringing joy to engineers through product thinking platform engineering
- Enable engineers to fully own the support and development of the product through modern observability practices
- Automation and infrastructure as code
- Collaborating with others to develop our product and solve challenging problems
What we are looking for
- Experienced at building out resilient, scalable cloud platforms
- Experienced applying site reliability techniques to complex systems
- Follow and implement best practices for privacy and security
What we care about
- Teamwork: collaborating and supporting each other within engineering and across other functions
- Inclusion: creating an environment where everybody can bring their whole self and do their best work
- Ownership: empowering you to do the most impactful work
- Sustainability: balancing work with family and personal hobbies so we can avoid burnout
- Growth: supporting each other's learning and development
- Collaborate and learn - from experienced colleagues that have worked in companies like Apple, GoCardless, N26, BCG, McKinsey, Mozilla and many others
- Lots of impact - joining early in the team
- Competitive compensation - we believe in rewarding good work
- Equity - we want you to be part of this
- Growth opportunities - you will have opportunities to stretch yourself and develop new skills while growing a new venture
- Fun place to work - great culture inclusion & diversity is crucial for us
topi is a remote-first company. While we have an office in the heart of Berlin that our team loves, most of our team works remotely from across Europe. To promote our team culture and to spend some quality time together, we organise frequent offsites to meet, work, and most importantly have fun together.
topi is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Company name: Topi
Remote job title: Platform Engineer
Job tags: payment gateway