Head of Global IT
Remote job description
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That's the power of data in motion in action-giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we're building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent's enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow-whether you're just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you'll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Team
Confluent's Corporate IT team provides modern and secure services to empower Confluent's employees to efficiently communicate & collaborate while also continuing to meet the demands of Confluent's rapid global growth. The team resides in the Business Technology & Data organization, whose mission is to help make the company as data-driven, systematic and efficient as possible to enable the company to grow and scale.
About the Role: We are looking for a leader to inspire and lead this organization. The team comprises three main functions, End User Services, Systems & Infrastructure, and Program Management. Team members are are located across the US, UK, and India.
What You Will Do
- Have global accountability for roadmaps, performance, and availability of the Corporate IT team
- Plan and manage the global IT budget
- Provide mentorship, coaching, and professional development to a team of direct reports
- Develop strategy & roadmaps for Confluent employee systems
- Be accountable for the stability of network & server infrastructure in Confluent facilities globally
- Be responsible for improving company-wide employee sentiment (via engagement surveys) related to systems & access to Information
- Have ownership of enterprise-wide applications used for productivity & collaboration (GSuite, Zoom, Slack, Atlassian, Okta)
- Lead projects through ideation, design, development, implementation, and support
- Develop dashboard, reports, and KPIs for performance & productivity reporting for systems and personnel
- Act as a strategic partner to Trust & Security for IT Sec across vulnerability management, endpoint, identity, and other key functions
- Be a thought leader with internal customers on the design and execution of technology initiatives
- Manage and oversee IT global compliance efforts (SOX, SOC2, ISO, FedRamp) working closely with the company's Trust & Security and Internal Audit teams
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 10 years of increasing responsibility managing a Global IT organization
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; experience effectively communicating to all levels of the organization
- Passion for participating in high growth, high energy companies
- In-depth experience managing an all-cloud IT environment (no on-prem services)
- Strong background in IT Security strategy & implementation
- Expertise in managing technology partners to deliver business applications and support services
- Outstanding internal customer service skills
- Evidence of being a change agent within an organization -- being the driving force behind major organizational process or systems changes
- Ability to lead successfully in a complex environment with complex and competing priorities, balancing cross-functional demands
- Proven ability to influence and gain buy-in with key stakeholders across the organization for IT initiatives
- Strong process and change management experience - specifically for enterprise, cloud IT teams delivering business priorities
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Company name: confluent
Remote job title: Head of Global IT
Job tags: open-source, big data, infrastructure