Enterprise Security Engineer
Remote job description
Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling's mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world's most innovative biotech companies use Benchling's R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
As a security engineer within Enterprise Security you will partner closely with technology and business leaders to understand their objectives, identify threats, and scale our enterprise security programs. We perform assessments to identify risk in business processes, threats to employee endpoints, business applications, and third-party services. Our focus is on providing value to the organization by emphasizing real world security and embracing automation to keep up with the company. We're looking for engineers who are excited to apply their expertise to our mission of securing some of society's most sensitive data.
- Partnering with our business partners on security and privacy initiatives, leading security design reviews, and threat modeling.
- Researching known vulnerabilities and collaborating with engineers on the best ways to mitigate and reduce risk.
- Participating in our incident response and vulnerability remediation efforts.
- Evaluating external tooling, and developing new automation and tooling.
- Design and maintain secure configurations of corporate owned hardware and software including: Endpoints (i.e. macOS and windows), Mobile Devices (i.e. Apple iOS ), and SaaS Applications (i.e. Okta, Jira, Salesforce, Google, Jamf Pro, etc)
- Performing security assessments (people, process, technology, and integration) of enterprise applications, infrastructure, controls, and third party products/services. This will include threat models, risk analysis, vulnerability assessments, design reviews, and configuration reviews of systems and technologies.
- Develop security requirements, standards, guidelines, and policies
- Helping to rapidly scale our team. As a member of the security team, you'll be an integral part of how we mature our own tooling, best practices, engineering processes, and hiring.
- 5+ years in a security engineering or IT security role with experience including endpoint security (windows and macOS), identity lifecycle, and/or device trust efforts
- Strong communicator with the ability to translate technical security requirements and risks into terms that anyone can understand
- Enjoy researching and deploying corporate security solutions to create a secure environment for our employees to be productive in their daily tasks, including endpoints, email, browsing, file sharing, network security, and any 3rd party software and SaaS integrations
- Knowledge of operating system security including both macOS and windows
- Familiarity with: Identify and Access Management, Authentication & Authorization, Mobile Device Management, Endpoint management, and Corporate systems configuration
- Relevant development experience in at least one scripting language, preferably Python
- Experience with vulnerability management and risk assessment processes
- Comfortable with complexity in the short term but can build towards simplicity in the long term
Benchling takes a market-based approach to pay. The candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, interview performance, and work location. For this role the base salary range is:
ZONE 1: $162,265 to $219,535
ZONE 2: $150,960 to $204,240
ZONE 3: $146,115 to $197,685
To help you determine which zone applies to your location, please see this resource. If you have questions regarding a specific location's zone designation, please contact a recruiter for additional information.
Total Compensation includes the following:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% premiums covered for health, dental, and vision for employees
- Fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits
- Four months of fully paid parental leave
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend
- Mental health benefits + Wellness stipend
- Learning and development stipend
- Generous PTO
- Company-wide Summer & Winter holiday shutdown
- Sabbaticals for 5-year and 10-year anniversaries
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.
Company name: Benchling
Remote job title: Enterprise Security Engineer
Job tags: Risk Analysis, Corporate Security, scripting
location or timezone
categoryDevOps and SysAdmin
yearly salary range$146,115 - 219,535
posted99 days ago