Remote job description
A bit about us
Lever's vision is connecting human potential to meaningful work. Hiring is the most strategic challenge that every company faces, and Lever is one of the most recognized brands in talent acquisition software. As the innovation leader in our space, we are searching for great people to join us and push further.
We are proud of the company we've built so far, but we are even more excited for what is yet to come. Our 5000+ customers include global leaders, startups that are disrupting industries, and businesses around the world. Lever has raised $123 million in funding, most recently a $50M Series D in November 2021.
With an overall gender ratio of 50:50 women and men, Lever is also fiercely committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We have been certified as a "Great Place to Work", along with "Best Company Outlook 2022," and "Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022," and the list keeps growing! Our people are Lever's biggest competitive advantage. For more information on our team culture, visit https://inside.lever.co/.
The Lever Engineering Organization is growing rapidly and building out the engineering processes to enable the team to scale up and be highly productive. As a Software Engineer on our Infrastructure team, you'll work closely with other engineers to select, design, and deploy the tools and processes to unleash our engineering productivity. This is an opportunity to be involved with a mid-sized and rapidly growing engineering organization and to demonstrate leadership to scale the development processes of a cloud-based software-as-a-service company. You will work closely with the engineering managers and technical leaders to champion best practices for writing well-tested, well-organized code.
You'll become familiar with all parts of our stack, including our open source web framework, DerbyJS, as well as our tools and pipelines. You will exercise judgment in making tradeoffs between design and feasibility.
We believe that user-centric design ultimately leads to the best products, so we listen closely to our users, both external and internal. As an engineer on our close-knit, cross-functional team, you'll be an active voice in shaping our product. Lever is constantly rolling out high-demand features and tackling ever greater challenges of scale.
You'll join a team where everyone-including you-is striving to constantly improve their knowledge of infrastructure, systems, and cares about minimizing downtime. We are an incredibly supportive team-we love to pitch in when problems arise and give great peer feedback to help each other grow. We are passionate about lots of things--automation, friendly chat bots, creating a great hiring experience, and a great user experience--and we love sharing those passions with each other.
Read about what our team values and why here.
The tech stack
Lever uses our own open source MVC framework called Derby that syncs all data via Operational Transformation (the algorithm behind Google Docs). OT is the way we handle concurrency conflicts for any piece of data that is edited at the same time. In addition to real-time sync, OT allows us to provide a smoother UI since we can render updates on the client instantly without waiting for our backend to respond, while still guaranteeing consistency.
Lever makes extensive use of AWS, Docker, Node, Mongo, ElasticSearch, and Redis within our infrastructure. We use tools like Hubot to streamline deployments and Grafana to see what's going on under the hood. In addition to automating all the things, we love to version them too! Our systems are all created using Terraform and Chef, working together to ensure consistency at all costs.
- Read more about The Lever Tech Stack from our Software Engineer, Eric Hwang.
- Learn more about Lever's interview process and read about what our engineering has been up to on our engineering team blog.
The skill set
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in a tech company with a track record of delivering software with high business impact
- Experience with software development automation tools and processes
- Experience with Scrum or other agile development
- Experience building enterprise software-as-a-service preferred
Within 1 month, you'll
- Complete Ramp Camp, our onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on our business, vision, and team.
- Complete your Starter Project, designed to help you build bridges with other Leveroos and positively contribute to your team's processes and knowledge. Tackle your first ticket!
- Dive into Lever's technology by pair-programming with your teammates and attending engineering training sessions designed and presented by your peers.
Within 3 months, you'll
- Learn Lever's technical stack and apply development patterns through your work.
- Participate in Lever's product development process and make your first improvements to our tools and processes.
- Write internal documentation for the tools and processes to promote adoption.
Within 6 months, you'll
- Reliably own the strategy and implementation for our technical systems, tools, and pipelines.
- Assist your peers in best practices for Lever product development.
- Participate in interviewing and hiring, as a way to influence team growth and how our values inform our culture.
Within 12 months, you'll
- Have made a visible impact on the product for all the users of Lever.
- Be comfortable navigating most of our stack and infrastructure.
- Be responsible for the planning, scoping, design, and implementation of engineering processes to scale the organization.
- Is this role not an exact fit?
- Sign up to stay in touch, we'll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
The Lever story
Lever is a leading Talent Acquisition Suite that makes it easy for talent teams to reach their hiring goals and to connect companies with top talent. Lever is the only platform that provides all talent acquisition leaders with complete ATS and robust CRM capabilities in one product, LeverTRM. The Lever Hire and Lever Nurture features allow leaders to scale and grow their people pipeline, build authentic and long-lasting relationships, and source the right people to hire. Lever Analytics provides customized reports with data visualization, see offers completed and interview feedback, and more, to inform strategic decisions between hiring managers and executives alike.
Our platform also enables companies to hire with inclusivity in mind, helping eliminate any hiring bias. Lever supports the hiring needs of more than 5,000 companies around the globe including the teams at Netflix, Spotify, Atlassian, KPMG, and Nielson. For more information, visit https://www.lever.co/.
Company name: Lever
Remote job title: DevOps Engineer
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, business services, hr, recruitment