Remote job description
ActionIQ is a Customer Data Platform (CDP) built to help modern marketers transform customer experiences by giving them access to 100% of their detailed customer behavior data. That access, combined with the ability to orchestrate cross-channel campaigns and measure incremental lift across all digital and offline channels, helps brands such as The New York Times, Michael Kors, The Hartford, Pandora Media and others drive innovation and profitability. We are backed by top investors: Andreessen Horowitz, FirstMark, and Sequoia Capital.
We automate away all the things! We do everything from creating and improving processes, committing those improvements to code, to building and maintaining the systems which execute our Infrastructure as Code. Day to day, you can find us doing everything from building out major initiatives to helping troubleshoot production issues. The ideal candidate will bring experience, industry best practices and a collaborative mindset to help drive DevOps initiatives at ActionIQ.
- Work collaboratively and across team boundaries to contribute to infrastructure and services initiatives such as:
- Define the right infrastructure and services to meet our commercial needs
- Raise code quality standards through manual & automated processes
- Observe and improve infrastructure and services to ensure we scale reliably
- Be an active contributor to team meetings, stand-ups, and other agile rituals
- Participate in an On-call rotation with minimal overnight / out of hours interruptions
- Around 3-5 years of experience in roles like DevOps Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, Systems Engineer, or a similar job where you have supported large-scale SaaS products
- Communication skills necessary to learn, teach, and persuade others in an environment of diverse backgrounds, experience levels, and disciplines
- Understanding of software development life cycle and system/service monitoring
- Software development skills in at least one language, preferably Python, Java or Golang
- Experience with cloud native technologies / Public Cloud Infrastructure
- Linux: Git, BASH, OS internals, performance tuning, and fundamentals
Our work is broad and complex in nature - please don't rule yourself out if you don't have every single item mentioned.
- Work with a fun, inclusive, and smart team of people as we build a NYC-based enterprise software company!
- Competitive compensation package, including significant equity component
- Backed by top-tier VCs (Sequoia, Andreessen Horowitz, FirstMark Capital)
- Top-notch health insurance benefits, including 12 weeks paid parental leave for both parents.
- We have opened a beautiful new office right on Madison Square Park, and all NYC-based employees currently have the option to return to the office 3 days per week on an "opt-in" basis. We plan to fully reopen our office later in 2022.
Check out this blog post here to learn how we designed our return to work plans.
- Work from Home stipend to optimize your setup.
- In accordance with ActionIQ policies and our commitment to prioritizing the health and safety of our employees, all office-based positions will require proof of COVID vaccination, including a booster shot, prior to entering the office. Remote employees and guests who visit the office must also provide proof of vaccination prior to entry. Our COVID-19 health and safety protocols may change over time as local and national guidance and regulations evolve.
ActionIQ is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. AIQ welcomes qualified applicants of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background. Join us on our journey to build a product that will help our customers deliver memorable experiences that will drive loyalty and growth.
Company name: ActionIQ
Remote job title: DevOps Engineer
Job tags: Operating Systems, Python, Git