Remote job description
Your Role: Professional DevOps Engineer
As our DevOps Engineer, you will transfer our customers' requirements into complex but reliable deployments that operate at high availability.
While using Linux, AWS/Azure, and the Cloudera Data Platform you will deliver our services directly to our customers and push forward the progress. Together with an incredibly talented cross-functional team, you bring in prior experiences, best practices, and a collaborative attitude to steer our DevOps projects.
- Implement customer requirements in stable and reliable deployments.
- Deploy and extend large-scale clustered systems or cloud environments for our clients.
- Fine-tune and optimize our deployments to process millions of records every day.
- Support our customers and development teams in transitioning capabilities from development and testing to operations/production.
- Design and deploy applications using Linux, AWS/Azure, and the Cloudera Data Platform
- Automate as much as possible by using Ansible, Terraform, Puppet and many more.
- Ensure high quality delivered at every stage by following best practices, clear documentation, and automated tests.
YOU WILL ENJOY THIS ROLE IF YOU HAVE
- At least 2 years of experience as a DevOps
- A solid understanding of core AWS services (EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, Lambda, Route 53...) or Azure equivalents
- Hands-on experience in administrating Linux-based systems
- Scripting language, such as Python or Bash, Java, Ruby, or similar languages
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, SaltStack or Puppet
- Understanding of professional software engineering best practices and methodologies
- Experience in one of the following Hadoop distribution: CDH/CDP, HDP, MapR
- Understanding of frameworks and tools such as HDFS, YARN, Spark, or HBase
- Good database management experience using MySQL, MariaDB, or PostgreSQL
- Verbal and written skills in English (a MUST), other languages (e.g. German, Russian, Spanish) are an advantage
- Understanding knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes or other container-based solutions
- Experience in Flink, Kafka, Ozone, Airflow or Kudu
BE ABLE TO
- Show the qualities that enable high performance like being curious about learning and thinking agile
- Act objective oriented - deliver on what brings greatest value to the organization
- Work enterprising - chart a course that understands customer needs and creates competitive advantage
- Empower others- build up the team and uplift growth
- Demonstrate reliability- be disciplined and conscientious in your tasks
YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO
- Work in an English-speaking, international, and pluralistic company that feels like one global big family
- Boost your own career together with some of the greatest minds in our industry (Apache Committers, PMC members, MVPs, etc.)
- Create real impact and make a difference while developing unique systems and applications for our numerous renowned customers in Germany and Europe
- Professional development opportunities and an unrivaled lifelong learning philosophy that will max out your potential (guaranteed!)
- Unlimited access to Udemy
- Well-structured personal development path executed by Ultra Tendency Academy
- Open feedback culture that generates distinct value from connecting people through networks rather than through hierarchies
- Contribute your ideas and turn it into value through a high level of personal responsibility
- Great pay and compensations
- Flexible work through home office and flextime
- Employee referral program
- Regular (virtual) teambuilding events
- Ultra Summer: Company-wide workation event in a beautiful location (e.g. Mallorca)
Questions left? Ask our Recruiter Anna Fussa via email@example.com
You can find all job offers on our career site! Our mission: Be the best you can be - Ultra Tendency
Company name: Ultra Tendency
Remote job title: DevOps Engineer at Ultra Tendency () (allows remote)
Job tags: hadoop, devops, mysql, spark, kafka, sysadmin