Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Remote job description
Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
As a Site Reliability Engineer on the Platform team, your role will be crucial in helping us design, scale, and manage our growing AWS-backed infrastructure. Your expertise will contribute to scaling our architecture and building a highly available system with an enthusiastic team. We are looking for candidates who have production experience with AWS-based platforms, expertise in automating distributed systems, scaling a fast-growing platform, maintaining high availability, and a forward-thinking mindset ready to take on tomorrow's challenges.
What You'll Do:
- Automate the provisioning, scaling, and management of our infrastructure using Configuration As Code and Configuration Management
- Work with other engineering and product teams to design and build the infrastructure required to deliver new features to customers
- Identify and remove bottlenecks from systems in production
- Ensure 99.9% customer-facing uptime
- Continuously improve the monitoring and alerting capabilities of our platform, enabling us to be proactive instead of reactive
- Create deployment pipelines; take code from git to production
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years of professional SRE/DevOps experience, and a demonstrated ability working on high volume production systems
- Working knowledge of AWS services and technologies (Redshift, DynamoDB, Kinesis, RDS, ELB, AutoScaling, Lambda, etc...)
- Experience with infrastructure as code and configuration management (Terraform, Nix, Ansible, CloudFormation, Chef, etc...), and with build managers such as Bazel, Pants, Buck
- Knowledge of Python, Ruby, or Go, and an understanding of relational and NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL a plus)
- Experience with container orchestration framework such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
- Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at Motive. Motive considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
Company name: Motive
Remote job title: Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Job tags: license fees, business services, mobility