Senior Product Designer, Observability As Code
Remote job description
Candidates for this role will ideally be located in Eastern USA (EST) or in EMEA GMT or CET, in any one of the following countries: the UK, the Netherlands, France, Germany or Sweden.
Grafana Labs is the company behind Grafana, a popular open source tool for visualizing and analyzing metrics with its instantly recognizable dashboards. Grafana dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a SpaceX launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack.
We are a family-friendly company and we are believers in the power of global, distributed teams: Talent is not limited by borders, and great workplaces are made up of exceptional colleagues.
Product Design and Research at Grafana Labs
You will join a growing team of more than 25 Designers and Researchers based across 4 continents. You'll grow professionally and have fun with your colleagues; we like to invest in our team with onboarding plans, career advancement opportunities, and mentorship.
You can count on fast feedback cycles: we run company-wide feedback sessions weekly, and our software is continuously released ?" your ideas will be put into users' hands very quickly.
The Senior Product Designer - Observability as Code, you'll work with a cross-functional team to build a world-class developer experience for Grafana. The team you work with will help users automate the deployment of all components of their observability stack - metrics, logs, traces, dashboards, alerts, and the Grafana application itself - by integrating our tools with infrastructure as code systems like Terraform and version control systems like Github. In doing so, you'll make it easier for users to get started with our open source stack, keep their observability up to date, and run reliable services for their own customers.
We are looking for a designer who has experience designing developer tools and services; candidates for this role should ideally come with experience designing for highly-technical users and ideal candidates for this role will be comfortable designing end-to-end workflows across multiple touch points (websites, CLIs, APIs, GUIs).
As a Product Designer at Grafana Labs, you will:
- Own the end-to-end design process for Grafana's Observability as Code solutions
- Work with cross-functional colleagues in product management, engineering, technical writing, and go-to-market to iterate on user journeys and new product ideas/features
- Contribute to both exploratory research and usability testing
- Build wireframes, prototypes, and other visual artifacts to share your ideas with both colleagues and customers
Who are we looking for
- 5+ years of experience in B2B product or UX design
- Experience working on complex solutions with highly technical customers and colleagues; we are especially interested in candidates with previous experience designing developer tools
- A strong understanding of the holistic UX process and a user-centered approach to making decision decisions - we are looking for someone who can own the entire UX process (research projects, user journeys, workflows, low-fidelity wireframes) for a specific area of the product.
- The ability to transform insights into ideas - you're comfortable with an iterative approach to your work and can incorporate research and usability findings into designs
- A good understanding of web accessibility and experience designing solutions that follow accessibility standards
- The ability to effectively communicate design decisions to cross-functional teams
- Experience working independently in a remote environment - we are a design team of nearly 30 people working remotely on a product used by over 5 million users ?" the ability to work on your own and ship designs is crucial
- Previous experience in Observability, or DevOps
- Experience designing developer tools or products
- Experience with open-source software and/or commercial open-source companies.
- Experience designing for technical users
- Experience with service design
If applying with a portfolio, we ask you to provide a portfolio that not only shows nice pictures, but shows use-cases that mention your actual process and concrete contribution to the respective projects.
In the United States, the Base compensation range for this role is $131k - $185k. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable) and other benefits listed
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer: At Grafana Labs we're building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we're working hard to make sure that's the foundation of our organisation as we grow.
Company name: Grafana Labs
Remote job title: Senior Product Designer, Observability As Code
Job tags: User Experience Design, accessibility, Process Research
location or timezone
posted47 days ago